• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cold Fusion Builder 3, Code Assist not working

New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hav bought and installed CF Builder 3. I can not get Code Assist to work. Anybody have the same problem? Solution?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar problems.  Unfortunately, Adobe support is non-existent.  I have emailed and submitted bugs and I have received nothing back.  I am a little disgusted about how difficult it is to request support for a product I just spent several hundred dollars on.  Last time I purchase something from Adobe for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if you can be more specific. Code assist works fine for me, but I'm not 100% sure what is not working for you. If you are inside a CF tag (say, cfquery), and you type Ctrl+Space, does nothing happen?

Also, it may be helpful if you tell us what operating system you are using CFB3 on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to JakeMunson's suggestion, can you also share the bug# referring in your post.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit,

You were able to help me with me previous issue surrounding ColdFusion Server 11 not starting properly.  I too am experiencing an issue with code assist not working in ColdFusion Builder 3.  I am running it on windows 8.1.  I previously had been using ColdFusion Builder 1, and code assist worked perfectly (I've never had to had to use the "Ctrl+Space" technique, and it doesn't seem to work anyway).  Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of activity with regard to this issue is very troubling.  Has there been any progress on a resolution to this problem??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. windows XP, standalone install.

If i have to hit Ctrl+Space to get code assist to work someone dis something horribly horribly wrong.

1) typing <cf will bring up code assist for that tag. Yay.

2) typing listFind( does NOT bring up code assist for that function without having to hit Ctrl+Space two times.... NOT YAY.

3) typing <cfoutput>...</   (or any other tag closing combo) will close the tag but will place the cursor just before the > which is stupid because the next thing I want to do is hit enter but that's a syntax error. NOT YAY

4) if i type <cfloop and don't hit enter right away i can't use any of the code assist for that tag.  I don't know about CFB 1 and 2, but even dreamweaver will allow code hinting after you hit space.

Why does this IDE feel like such a step backwards from a DESIGN tool??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Code assist is not working for me either on Mac with fully updated version of CFB3.  I have not seen a single option appear after hitting a space bar or anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using old workspace (created with CFB1 or CFB2), then please try creating a new workspace for CFB3. Go to File->Switch Worksapce->Other and specify a new folder for the workspace. You can then import all your project into the new workspace.

-Ram

ColdFusion Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a fresh install, it created it's own new CFB3 workspace which I am using and I still can't get it to work.  It's pretty frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you opening CFML file in CFBuilder 3? Are you opening files from RDS File View or Project Navigator?

-Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only using RDS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Code assist does not work when a file is opened from RDS File View - this is a bug and we are working on it. Please use Project Navigator or File View to edit files for now.

-Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a bug for a long time.  What is the ETA to fix this?  It's a fairly big feature that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the bug report for this issue today. I don't recall seeing it earlier. I started working on it today and hope to fix it soon. Will let you know ETA in a couple of days after discussing this with our QA team.

BTW, are you opening files from RDS view for editing because files are remote ?

-Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have to access many different servers remotely. Most of my projects are not local projects to use the other features of builder.  I access 95% of my files remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also using this via RDS.  I can't edit remote files otherwise, as FILE->OPEN doesn't recognize mapped drives.  This is getting frustrating....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Projects in the Navigator view (similar to Dreamweaver's Sites feature). All of my work is with remote files from mapped drives. This works fine with Projects, at least for me and the other guys on my team. And Code Assist works fine as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have fixed the issue and the fix is available in the just released update 2 for ColdFusion Builder 3 - See ColdFusion Builder 3 Update 2 is released — Adobe ColdFusion Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I can confirm that this issue is fixed with the update.  Thank you for looking into it and fixing it so quickly!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also decided to do a fresh install.  Ran Cf Builder 3 as Administrator, chose an entirely new folder for workspace, and code assist is still not working.  Not only that, but now it won't even insert closing tags!  It (at least) did that before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation