• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I recover files after an unexpected crash on adobe premiere elements?

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

so I use Adobe Premiere Elements 12 on a Mac OS X version 10.7.5. I was editing a project when I got a warning about my start up disk being 'almost full'. I ignored it and continued working. A couple of minuted later elements 'crashed unexpectedly'. I had done a lot of work on that particular project and desperately need to recover it. When I open the project in elements now it shows me the work I had completed the last time I edited the project, but none of the stuff I was doing before the crash.

Is it possible to recover the files? Please help!

Thank you

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bhutibond

Were you working with the AutoSave feature on? If so, have you tried to open the latest of the AutoSave files by right clicking it, selecting Open With, and then Premiere Elements 12 (that is the Premiere Elements 12 Windows way). Does that work for your with Premiere Elements 12 Mac?

The AutoSave feature has two components - one defines how many "snapshots" of the project you will have at a given time and the other defines how often the snapshot will be taken. When the number of snapshots exceeds the number of "how many snapshots of the project you set for a given time", the oldest will be bumped off and so on goes the process - new, bumping off oldest one.

From what you wrote, it sounds like you are working off the latest AutoSave. If so, how many other AutoSaves do you have besides the one you opened?

See Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoSave.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me and saved hours of re-do time. Thank you.

The path to the auto save files is (in PE13 on Windows) ProjectFolder\Adobe Premiere Elements Auto-Save\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This also works in elements 2018.   A transformer blew near my house and crashed everything.     To recover the files open adobe>File>Open Project> (Some times a folder that says "auto saves" is next)> Open the most recently dated project.  If you had not yet named it they say "my new video project".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines