Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with compile after word import

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2007 Jul 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have an RH6 project that has been generating multiple layouts without a problem. This morning I imported a Word 2003 file and ever since I can't even generate my primary layout (which is Microsoft HTML Help). It does the Copying Files stage, but about halfway through the Updating Files stage I get the message "RoboHelp HTML Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have the option to send or not send an error report. Then RoboHelp closes without finishing the build.

Any ideas on what might be causing this or how to fix it?

Cheers,

darkagn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2007 Jul 17, 2007
Did the topic imported have a table with some merged cells and are you using a build expression when you generate? If that could be the case see Snippet 68 on my site. Known problem and a patch is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2007 Jul 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the topic imported have a table with some merged cells and are you using a build expression when you generate? If that could be the case see Snippet 68 on my site. Known problem and a patch is available.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2007 Jul 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Peter,

I think that's done the trick! Once more you have saved me!

Cheers

darkagn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp