Exit

Lightroom does not sync with LR Mobile

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Desktop 5.5 [968504]

Mac OS 10.9 (3)

I started to work with LR 5.5 Desktop two weeks before. Because the LR Mobile sync was quite unstable, I decided to start over. I used the "delete all data" option in LR Desktop -> Settings and re-logged on with my Cloud account in the LR Mobile settings.

Since then Lightroom Desktop never ever started to sync with LR Mobile again. Sync is turned on and I am logged on, Internet connection is fine. But it does not matter which collection I mark for sync, it happens nothing.

I also tried to deinstall and reinstall Lightroom Desktop itself, but no success. LR Mobile sync is still not working.

Could you please help me?

Regards, Mathias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Could you try to re-sign-in on iPad+iPhone. Should work now. There was something wrong at the back-end.

Could you describe a bit your Lightroom Mobile workflow from the very starting point on.  Did you e.g. first sign-in to Lightroom desktop, synced the collections and after that signed in to the IPhone/iPad app?

-

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 102 Replies 102
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please send me a LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop prefereneces -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button.

Thanks

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent you a private mail with the link. Please confirm that you got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI same issue but can't find the sync.lrdata file, seams like path do not exist on my mac (osx montain lion 10.8.5) running Lightroom 5.6

Here is my diagnostic:

Lightroom Sync Diagnostic Log

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open up Lr Mobile do you still see a syncing process. Btw. We have just released an update which gives a better notification about photos that still needs to be synced. Have you tried the updated yet. You can see the sync status when you touch the little cloud icon at the top right. - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guido,

I've got the same issue. Any photos I add to my mobile LR do not show up in my Desktop collection. I have tried login out and in reset my caches but same issue. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Itay, could you please double check if your Lr Desktop sync is paused. You can do it via the top left identity plate (see the attached screenshot). If that won't help please send me a LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 11.10.18.png

-

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering a similar problem. The collections are not appearing on mobile devices (iPad and iPhone). The LR Mobile apps on both devices are showing the "No Collections Yet" screen "Enable sync in Lightroom desktop to get started." I have ensured sync setting is on (on the desktop application), and cleared the cache on all devices. I have even attempted syncing collections of lower image quantities.

Lightroom Mobile iPad

Lightroom Mobile iPhone

Lightroom v5.5 (Mac Pro)

Internet connection 100mbps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try to re-sign-in on iPad+iPhone. Should work now. There was something wrong at the back-end.

Could you describe a bit your Lightroom Mobile workflow from the very starting point on.  Did you e.g. first sign-in to Lightroom desktop, synced the collections and after that signed in to the IPhone/iPad app?

-

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks greule,

The (1) collection of 3800+ images is now syncing. Its been about 9 hours and its at 2808 of 3816. So far so good on the iPhone and webviewer, i'll check the iPad tonight.

What was the problem?

--

Workflow:

Uploaded images from SD cards to LR Desktop

Created collection

Selected Sync icon next to collection

Error : desktop showed sync progress, but mobile devices did not show.

Signed out of LR Desktop via pref window

Signed out of LR Mobile apps

Signed in to LR Desktop

Signed in to LR Mobile apps

reset sync icon on collection via desktop

Collections now showing on mobile apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that it's working. - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom mobile has stopped syncing with Lightroom. I have logged in and out of mobile on my iPad and nothing changed. I also am seeing some other odd behavior.

1. I created a new sync'd collection in Lightroom desktop.

2. Placed 6 photos in the collection.

3. The collection appears in Mobile but shows 0 photos in the count.

4. When I go into the collection in Mobile there are 15 photos but they are completely different from the ones in Step 2.

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregard what I said about the odd behavior. Mobile is showing photos on the iPad for importing I guess because the sync'd photos are not getting to the iPad. I still have the problem of photos not syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jimtonwner,

if you still have trouble with syncing photos could you please send me a LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop prefereneces -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

-

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am another person where the sync feature does not work,

The collections in Lightroom synced with Lightroom mobile once when first setup.

I installed Lightroom 5.6 and I have deleted all the data. It still does not sync.

Please advise of a possible next step.

Thanks,

-BrianP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brihi, could you please try to re-sign-in to Lr Mobile on the iPad/iPhone. There was a misconfiguration at the back-end of your account. This should be fixed now.

Reason for the failure was a second needless lightroom catalog generated by the Lr Mobile app. Occurs sometimes after a triggered "Delete Data" by Lightroom desktop. We will fix this with our next planned Lr Mobile update.

Let me know if its  working now on your side.

-

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guido,

Yes it works now! Thank-you very much!

It is great and encouraging  to know that there is excellent support for your product!

Thank-you very much for replying and trying to help me with the synching issue.

Regards,

-BrianP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guido

I'm having similar problems and have tried much the same things. the latest issue arose when my system crashed. I had a message that said there was a problem and I needed to press the "delete all data". The sync process will not restart with the original catalogue. Creating a minimal catalogue with one image to sync sometimes resolves the issue but on going back to the original catalogue sync still does not work. I've had these problems in LR 5.5 and 5.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right Bogdan64. This was the same issue. Could you please try to re-sign-in to Lr Mobile on the iPad/iPhone. There was also a misconfiguration at the back-end of your account. This should be fixed now.  I'm hoping to have a general fix for this issue with our next update - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Deleted all data, and started resynching collection. The collections are showing up on web, but neither on iPad nor iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right gizmo_65. This was the same issue. Could you please try to re-sign-in to Lr Mobile on the iPad/iPhone. There was also a misconfiguration at the back-end of your account. This should be fixed now.  - Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i recently installed lightroom on my computer and iphone. the iphone seems to sync fine but the desktop version is not syncing photos.  It says "syncing 59 photos" but that never changes, nothing is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deborah, could you please send me a LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

-

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t understand how to get the diagnostic log.  I opened lightroom on my computer… I don’t know where to find “desktop preferences” … and nothing happens if I hold only the alt key down. (??)

I’m absolutely new to lightroom … please give me step by step instructions on how to do what you asked.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines