• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old PC, old CPU -- what's the newest version of Flash Player I can use?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old Compaq Presario V5101 laptop PC running Windows XP (SP3, I believe).  The CPU is a Sempron 3300+, which I believe has a processor speed of 2 GHz -- fast in its day, but apparently no longer fast enough to run with the latest updates of Flash Player.  I currently have version 11,8,800,94 installed, and would like to get as close to current as possible.  What version can I download, update, and use (with my Firefox browser, also a bit old at v22.0 -- though I can still update that a bit, I think)?  And where can I go to get it?

My thanks in advance for any help on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several old Windows XP machines that run perfectly fine with Firefox 30.0 and the latest Flash Player 14.0.0.145.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying.  And I'm glad to hear that a solution with Windows XP is a possibility.  But OS isn't my main concern.

Adobe says a 2.33-GHz CPU is one of the system requirements for Flash Player v14.  AFAIK, my CPU is at 2 GHz max.  What's the newest version of Player that would work with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can check the CPU speed on some of these old XP systems tomorrow.  I am sure that they are much, much slower than 2 GHz.  One is a Dell Optiplex that was purchased new with Windows 2000 on it.  I think it was a GX270 model with a Celeron processor (400 MHz).  Latest Flash Player runs fine on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jalp5dai,

You can install the latest version of Flash Player 14 on your system.  2.33 GHz has been listed for several releases on the Tech Specs, including 11.8 which you have installed.  Flash Player 14 should work on your system.

--
Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My thanks to you as well.  These two fairly authoritative answers give me some courage to try the update -- one of these days soon when I have some time to spare, just in case.

But if 2.33 GHz isn't required, why has Adobe been saying that it is?  Can't they give separate sets of specs for "system requirements" and "system recommendations", or some such?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines