• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

General Installation Error

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single time I go to install Adobe Flash player I receive the General Installation Error. I have looked up for solutions but cannot find any. I uninstalled flash so now I have no flash and none of my browsers work. This is extremely frusturating. If anyone could please help me I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this General Installation Error! I'm running Mac OS 10.9.3 and trying to install on firefox 30.0. Ive been through the uninstall process and there are no plugins and extensions showing in the add-ons. I get about 80-90% through the installation process and have downloaded this damn installer 6 times now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried that and got to about 9% then got the error message " This installation failed - Get support. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you please post the contents of the Flash Install log file located at ~/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log?

Thank you in advance.

--
Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria

I don't have any FlashPlayerInstallManager.log in the ~/Library/Logs/ directory

I do have this?

~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

Install Adobe Flash Player_2014-06-30-190940_K9K8s-iMac.wakeups_resource

These are the versions I have attempted to install so far:-

AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_14_ltrosxd_aaa_aih(3)

install_flash_player_osx-1

install_flash_player_osx

AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_14_ltrosxd_aaa_aih(2)

AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_14_ltrosxd_aaa_aih(1)

AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_14_ltrosxd_aaa_aih

AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_14au_ltrosxd_aaa_aih(1).dmg

AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_14au_ltrosxd_aaa_aih.dmg

ThanX

K8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi banshee,

If you've had Flash Player installed (which you indicate you have), the install log file should be on the system, unless it was manually deleted.  The Console app (Utilities/Console) lists all log files. Can you try locating the log file using the Console app?

Thank you.

--

Maria 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Maria

I have done the un-install (Which I assume removed that particular log file?) and have not been able to complete the re-install since.

This is a new computer for me, However when I copied over the files from the old computer flash was fine.

I was prompted to do the upgrade, and am now regretting that I did. I probably still have the old flash files backed up but don't know what files to get from where?

I tried a search using the console app for FlashPlayerInstallManager.log? but I'm not familiar with this app and this is the only thing I could pick out from the huge log:-

23/07/14 4:57:21.721 pm gkbisd[143]: Unable to collect info for /Volumes/Adobe Flash Player Installer/Install Adobe Flash Player.app (error code -67068)

23/07/14 4:57:21.719 pm gkbisd[143]: Unable to collect info for /Volumes/Flash Player/Install Adobe Flash Player.app (error code -67068)

Thanx again...

K8 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines