• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF11 Object doesn't support property or method 'getColumnModel', Unable to get property 'tagName'

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many pages that use CFGRID and most of those pages use script to manipulate either the grid itself or data within the grids.  All of the scripting worked fine in CF9 and CF10.  While testing it on CF11, none of the code works.  To me it appears that changes were made in the ext-js imports that are not backwards compatible.  The first error thrown is the "Object doesn't support property or method 'getColumnModel'", with the source being the file that I am calling.  The code I typically use to call it is:

changeStatus = function () {

grid = ColdFusion.Grid.getGridObject('gridName');

cm = grid.getColumnModel();

cm.setRenderer(18,ChangeSomething);

}

That error is followed by "Unable to get property 'tagName' of undefined or null reference", with the source being {site}/cfide/scripts/ajax/ext/ext-all.js.

Did the format to call the getColumnModel get changed in ColdFusion 11?

Message was edited by: DONALD BAERT

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your instincts are right. From what I can see, the file ext-all.js has version 3.1 in Coldfusion 10, but version 4.1 in Coldfusion 11. Moreover, Coldfusion 11 still includes a large number of version 3.1 files. Not so developer-friendly of the Adobe Coldfusion Team. You have a right to expect backward compatibility, and should therefore report this as a bug.

Looking to the future, consider re-coding your grids using a Javascript library independent of Coldfusion, for example, JQuery. That way, you will avoid the whimsical version changes of Coldfusion's built-in Javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation