• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player installation problem on MAC

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have repeatedly tried to download and install Flash player v14 for my MacBook Pro and it constantly hangs at the "Retrieving Install" screen never moving past 0%. Then it times out and says the install has failed. I have also completely wiped old versions of Flash from my system (now NO Flash-enabled sites will work at all--even more frustrating).

Any clues to remedy? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the same thing.

what do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Adobe Flash 14 installer does not work when you have an automatic proxy set. I've installed many versions of Flash on Mac without problems, but the new v.14 installer would never even start the download. (Of course the installer dmg would download, but when I ran the installer app, the download of Flash would not start, seemingly hanging at "Retrieving Installation"). I tried the uninstaller, which worked great. Then I tried installing v.13, which also worked fine. But I only got v.14 to install after I ... went to System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and de-selected Automatic Proxy Configuration. Be sure to make a note of your Automatic Proxy URL, because after installing Flash and going back to the network Preference, I saw that the Automatic Proxy Configuration field was blank. But when I re-entered my APC URL, and clicked to select APC, all was well and I had flash installed while still able to browse external web sites when behind my companies firewall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too much math for me! I just re-installed v13 and that seemed to go well. Adobe/Apple need to fix the v14 issue for us plebeians who can't seem to manage proxy configurations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why doesn't the company fix the issue or provide a direct contact to their support staff instead of forcing us all to the blogs?????

Is this customer service?  NO!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great post  Robert.Crewsthx my flash my mac is running flash again but what a lame problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

I have a similar discussion going re this problem and my auto proxy config is not selected in the first instance so can't even try your proposed solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to install Adobe Flash on my Mac 10.9.4, after downloading the intalador asks me for a password, I used my Adobe account password but does not work, and Apple account password either, What I can do?

HELP ME!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me. its really quite annoying.

have you figured out what to do about it yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep see the solution a download link marked as a correct answer in the discussion. It worked for me.

Good luck

Stu

Regards

Stuart Hemmings

(sent from i-phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi stuart,

i can't find the download link you are talking about...is it in this discussion?

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@marianazamo

The password you are being requested for is your Mac user password.  It is not your Adobe ID password.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you need to do is go to the proxy settings in your internet connection settings and uncheck Auto Proxy settings. Re-run the install and in 5 minutes your done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. but none of my proxy settings were checked. all the boxes were unmarked....

still a mystery to me and still can't download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of mine were checked either but this link still worked and installed.

Try http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx. dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx. dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Flash but there is no application, only Aliases. Please advise.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the link that worked for me when I had a similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have been able to reproduce the online installer hanging at 'Retrieving Install' when the Automatic Proxy Configuration is set and are working on resolving the issue.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines