• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlight Search Text

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2007 Jul 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to implement Calvin Ly's wonderful Highlight Search Text JavaScript file in my X6 RH project. I know the dislaimer says you must not use anything lower than X5, but will it work on X6? It's not working for me, so I wondered if I needed to spend more time troubleshooting what I'm doing wrong or if it just won't work in the new release.

Thanks!
Brenda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works in 6. Have you downloaded the demo from my site and proved that works in RH6?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brenda

Putting on my odd little persnickety snarky hat.

This won't work on "X6", because this product doesn't exist. It's simply known as "6".

As Peter said, it works on 6! Yay!

Okay, taking off my little persnickety snarky hat now... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Yes, thanks. I just did that today. So, I'm just doing something wrong with the implementation on mine. I'll work on it.

Thanks again!
Brenda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things:

DON'T add any line breaks to the .js code (paste a copy of your code into Word if you must, just to reveal the paragraph marks).

Be absolutely sure that you're using the right directory path to the .js file.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give it a try, that is always more rewarding, but post back if you get stuck. Tell us then what you have done in each topic.

Two things to watch. Relative path to the js file being correct. Add the js file to baggage so that it gets included in the output.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2007 Jul 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions to help me get the Search Highlight script going. I finally did get it to work. You're right, Peter, that's much more satisfying than having someone else figure it out for you. That's the first time I have 'tinkered' with the code or done anything in the code window in RH,so it was a learning experience.

Thanks again!

Brenda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp