• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I uninstall Adobe Digital Editions 3 (for Mac)???

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear kind, knowledgable Adobe Staff member-

As a user of SEVERAL Adobe products, I am really NOT loving the fact that there is NO CLEAR answer that I can find here (OR even in doing a Google search) for how to completely REMOVE/UNINSTALL Adobe Digital Editions 3 (for Mac)...and there are a couple/few UNanswered Adobe Communities posts (such as this one) asking this SAME question!

If you're going to create an installer for the MacOS platform (which does NOT have the built-in Winblows uninstall "feature"), then PLEASE DO either include a uninstaller tool (either installed during the install process, built into the installer as an option, OR have clear, official, and easily accessible step-by-step instructions on how to do this!

You've lost ANY shot of my returning to ADE software by not having these features...please do help me re-instill some "faith" in your company's responsiveness to the current LACK of support that I am experiencing in attempting to remove this unwanted software from my computer!

Cordially,

Albe Sure

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to uninstall the digital edition use the following methods :-

IF mac kindly go to application and then trash the digital publishing suit .

IF its windows you can uninstall the app from control panel ...

If case of any further problem use the cc cleaner tool , download the app from the link given below :-

Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DO very much appreciate the swift effort at attempting to help...but that is NOT a working resolution for me.

1)  As I was very clear on in my OP and title, I am seeking assistance with uninstalling Adobe Digital Editions 3 (for Mac)...

2)  BECAUSE Adobe is distributing this software as an "installer", I am not even going to begin to trust simply deleting the Adobe Digital Editions 3 app from my applications folder...no way!  I want to thoroughly remove ALL TRACES of this application (EVERYTHING that was installed by the installer, or later by the application itself, onto my computer.  Simply deleting the app fro my my applications folder will NOT be sufficient to achieve this goal.

3)  As the name would suggest (and the step-by-step instructions would collaborate, the CC Cleaner Tool is only for Creative Cloud installation and removal problems (and to the very best of my knowledge, Adobe Digital Editions is certainly NOT a CC program.)

"A" for effort, but not so much on providing a relevant/working Adobe Digital Editions 3 (for Mac OS) uninstall/removal suggestion(s)...STILL looking for a working solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...STILL after a relevant and working solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Albe, All you need to do is to move the Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 folder to Trash and then empty the Trash.

This article list the steps to uninstall ADE. Can't install Adobe Digital Editions 4.0

Let me know in case it does not help.

~ Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about the 4.5 version? I have tried the above and it is not working.

I have tried uninstalling and it asks my for a password that i never set up. My apple password isn't working - my adobe password isn't working

Adobe digital edition is used to read my college library books i get an error message so they told me to uninstalled and reinstall it and i can't seem to be able to uninstall anything.

Can you help?

Im really not that tech savvy.

Kindly,

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines