Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Event booking auto-responder

Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've created an events web app so that it make it easier for the end user to create events in the backend. My form element looks like this:

<form name="catwebformform79383" method="post" onsubmit="return checkWholeForm79383(this)" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="https://site.worldsecuresystems.com/FormProcessv2.aspx?WebFormID=70464&OID={tag_bookingid}&OTYPE=61&EID={module_eid}&CID={module_cid}&CC={module_urlcountrycode}&Referrer={module_siteurl,true,true}&SendInvoice=true">

The above enables the form to treat the web app as an event booking. My form has the auto-responder turned on and I have the following inside the auto responder:

Dear {tag_recipientfirstname},

Thank you for your registration. Please look our for your invoice which will arrive in a separate email.

We look forward to seeing you at this event.

{tag_webformresults}

When I test out the event though, the contents of the auto-responder doesn't match the above. Instead the email only shows:

Verify Your Booking

Click to verify your booking.

Dear Name.

Thank you for your booking

I tried turning off the autoresonponder in the form and then using the one in the web app but this didn't do anything, ie. I still receive the above email content.

I'm not even sure where it's coming from as I've checked all the system emails and I can't find anything.

Just wondered if someone could give me some advice to solve this?

Thanks so much.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The events module is url-based. If your form for you web app is filled out on the booking url, then it will trigger the event module registration and autoresponder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying Adam,

I know that when using the bookings module without a web app, the form is fill out on a url that looks like this:

/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=12345

But because I'm using a web app, my url looks like this:

https://site.worldsecuresystems.com/events-1/zimm-talk

So am I using a booking url as you mentioned or is this a different url? If it's different then can you let me know which auto responder it's triggering?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that shouldn't trigger anything with the events module. Why do you have the {tag_bookingid} in the action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'd used the normal events booking module then I would have used the events detail page which would have populated the booking ID automatically but because I'm using a web app detail page, I've had to modify the action so that it knows which booking ID to use and that's why I inserted {tag_bookingid}.

You mentioned that the url I posted shouldn't trigger anything but because I'm using a web app for an events booking then it must be getting triggered from somewhere but I just can't find where though.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I wonder if 61 is the otype for the booking module. That would be cool to know. If we could trigger a booking from anywhere, I could make that useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah 61 is the oType for the booking module …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very cool. That's probably what's doing it. I might find a use for that.

If you are trying to use the a web app instead of the booking module, then just use the web app item form. You can insert one on the page from the modules and tags toolbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've inserted the form onto the web app item detail page using the following code which references a .tpl file where the form is located:

<div id="booking-form">{module_booking,i,{tag_booking id}

template="/ModuleTemplates/Events/{tag_payment type}.tpl"}</div>

The form has the auto-responder turned on but as mentioned, when I test the form it doesn't send the contents of the auto-responder from the form, it sends something different as mentioned in the original post.

I actually saw a tutorial on this at the following site:

Handle Paid and Unpaid Event Registrations with Business Catalyst

It didn't mention the auto-responder though.

Maybe because of the way I've set it up, perhaps it's not possible to send the auto-responder from the original form, do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue stems from the fact that that is not a webapp form action. Web App forms are not created in the Web Forms module like other forms. They are created by the system, based on the fields you create. You will need to insert the web app form into the page via the modules and tags toolbox. Unless your form has the correct input names and form action, it will not work with your web app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tutorial explained that I needed to revise the form action in order to get it to function as a bookings form which is why I changed the OID and Otype values. I've been able to get it to work so far except the auto-responder so maybe that's just a limitation of using a combination of web apps, the bookings module and web forms together.

I tried inserting the web app form into the page via the modules and tags toolbox like you said but I got exactly the same form as before but I would need to go and edit the OID and Otype values which would bring me back to the original problem so I guess there's no solution here except maybe to disable the auto-responder.

It would be good if BC provided some more documentation on this since it's such a great solution to be able to have a custom events web app.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I just wanted to report back to say that I found out where the auto-responder was being generated. It was coming from the Notification Email in the Events Module.

Hope that helps anyone else having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines