• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to change the window size of a CHM file, when first opened?

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2007 Jul 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Anyone knows if this is doable? I know lots of chm files that open in different window sizes, suitable for their content. But right now when I compile, it opens quite narrow, that I have to resize manually.

Take care,
Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2007 Jul 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

This is what I have done. In the Project Manager, expand the Windows folder and double click the default window for your chm file. This will open the window properties screen. There is a checkbox that says something like "Remember Window Size" which you can turn on. Regenerate your layout and view the resulting chm file. It will be small and narrow still, but after you resize it any subsequent builds in this layout will default to the size you set.

Hope this helps and if there is a better way please let me know!

Cheers

darkagn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2007 Jul 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim

Seems you are fairly new at RoboHelp. Have you considered training? Of course, being an Adobe Certified Instructor and all, I'm a bit biased that way. But it could save you some frustration.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim,

In addition to setting the Remember Size, you can also set the default size in the Window Properties. This will make it open that size the first time. It will be set in pixels and different users will have different screen resolutions, so it may look funny to some users.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot guys! I used the windows properties you said, and just changed the width and height values there! But now it seems that the help file shows the Search tab right away, even though in the windows properties, it says Contents tab.

Any idea?

Thanks again all,
Tim

PS Rick, I don't think I could devote much time into robohelp training because I just want to make a documentation for my game engine 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

The only thing I can think of is whether the TOC&Index checkbox is ticked? You say that the Default tab is set to Contents but you don't mention if the TOC tab is actually selected. Other than that I'm not really sure, maybe the other guys can help?

Cheers

darkagn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim,

While there is a default tab selection in RoboHelp, the tab that actually opens is the last one used so I think the default selection may only apply to the first time.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2007 Jul 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks alot John!

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp