• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting width of navigation pane

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2007 Jul 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to set both the size of the help window and the width of the navigation pane within it. The person installing the help system controls the window size but says the pane width is set within RH. I can't find a setting for it, even under "customizing the navigation pane". Can someone tell me where the setting is? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a setting but I believe somewhere in Rick Stone's Tips and Tricks you will find something on this.

http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#Downloads/Tips_and_Tricks.htm

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christopher

If this is for a compiled .CHM file, you adjust the navigation pane width in the Window properties.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick: Oops, I think I posted in the wrong forum. I'm doing this in Webhelp. I thought the name of this forum meant... well never mind... anyway, if you can tell me how it's done in Webhelp, I'd be obliged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I haven't done this in ages, but in an older version of RH you had to customise one of the output files and copy it over every time you generated webhelp. At the time, it was the <projectname>.htm file that I modified. But this was 3 or 4 versions ago and may have changed. I do remember I replaced every occurrence of 220 with the width I wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. In Tips & Tricks under "Geeky Stuff", the page titled "Window Definition" has a table of settings, one of which says "navigation width". These settings are parameters in a format line that begins with the term "Window Name". Lines using this format are supposed to appear in the .HHC file, but my .HHC file has no lines that look like this. The only line that applies to a window says "Default window", but my attempt to add a setting to this (the 13th parameter) had no effect. Most of the lines in the .HHC specify either files or parameters. Rick Stone's description seems to be in the same territory as the .HHC file, but I can't bring the two together. Does anyone work with this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me answer my own question. I had accessed Stone's page from the index rather than the TOC and didn't see his preceding page, which makes sense of this. Under the [Windows] heading, one adds a line in the format described on the next page. I'll assume that I can make this work as soon as I know how to identify the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp