• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Adobe Flash Player version is not compatible with our android tablet - can I install an earlier AFP version that will work?

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

...and thanks for reading this:

We have a Nextbook Premium8 tablet that is hardly two years old. We had to reset to original factory settings, and in doing so lost our Adobe Flash Payer app. Upon trying to re-install AFP, we received a message that our tablet wan not compatible with the latest AFP version.

Is there an earlier, archived AFP version that will work with our tablet, and if so, which version - Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.81) from Sept 10, 2013, possibly???

It seems almost unbelievable that our tablet should be this obsolete for use with Adobe Flash Player after such a short period of only two years.

Thank you once again,

Robert Lucas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

It's not you, it's us.  We don't make Flash Player for Android anymore. 

The last working version published for Android is missing a year and a half of security updates at this point, so I would highly recommend against running it.

The details on why Adobe dropped support for Android are here, but yeah, we haven't released an Android Flash Player since late 2012.

Adobe roadmap for the Flash runtimes | Adobe Developer Connection

There are a few alternatives that you can use to get Flash on your phon

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not you, it's us.  We don't make Flash Player for Android anymore. 

The last working version published for Android is missing a year and a half of security updates at this point, so I would highly recommend against running it.

The details on why Adobe dropped support for Android are here, but yeah, we haven't released an Android Flash Player since late 2012.

Adobe roadmap for the Flash runtimes | Adobe Developer Connection

There are a few alternatives that you can use to get Flash on your phone.  They're mostly cloud-based web browsers, where they run Flash in the cloud and stream the content down to your phone.  It works surprisingly well.

A cursory Google search for "Android Browser Flash Player" turns up these options:

http://lifehacker.com/now-browser-is-a-lightweight-browser-for-android-with-f-1548329538

Puffin Web Browser - The fastest mobile browser with Flash support over cloud on iPad, iPhone and An...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appsverse.photon&hl=en

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jeromie, for taking the time to answer my inquiry, and even moreso

for replying so fast and so thoroughly. I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines