• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 11 - is RoboHelp 11 still incompatible with Word 2010 64 bit

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced several intermittent problems when generating Word docs from RoboHelp 11 over the last few months. Word crashes when generating a printed document from RoboHelp displaying a dialog that says "Word is trying to recover your documents". The document is generated, but all images in the document are missing. After much investigation I think this is related to the  incompatibility with RoboHelp and 64 bit Word. I experience the same sort of errors related to the number of topics in the single source layout as in the following thread:

RoboHelp 10: Problems generating Printed Documentation

Is RoboHelp 11 still incompatible with Word 2010 64 bit? Is there any other solution besides installing the 32 bit version of Word?

Thanks Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems this is still the case. I installed 32 bit Word and can now generate printed documentation without the described errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst Rh is designed to run on 64 bit systems, it is a 32 bit app. Microsoft themselves recommend using the 32 bit version of Word for maximum compatibility with other apps.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this why I cannot generate a Printed Document in RoboHelp 11? I have MS Word 64 bit installed.

Here is the error message:

" Microsoft® Word has not been started on this computer.

Launch Word and click the 'Start using Microsoft® Word' option before generating Printed Documentation again."

Is the soultion then to replace the 64 bit MS Word or Office to the 32 bit one?

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You need the 32 bit one. The 64 bit version is not supported.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I missed this in the specs too!  (um, where is it?)

I cannot just change my office from 64 to 32 bit without extensive testing and evaluation.

I had issues prior to installing the RH update 11.03.268. Word would crash also.  My workaround was to transfer my entire project to a computer with 32 bit & RH, generate the printed document there, then transfer it again to my main computer for formatting and editing.

After installing the update and generating the printed doc, I get a "Microsoft Word has stopped working"  error and the infamous two options, "Check online for a solution and close the program" and "Close the program".  When I click on "Close the program" the window disappears and get another message saying "Microsoft is trying to recover your document".  After a minute, that window closes and the printed document is FINISHED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, RH11 crashes when I try to generate a pdf.  I am using Word 2010 (32 bit) and Acrobat XI pro.

"Adobe Robohelp 11 has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Please close the program."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this issue, Try removing the SSL. Then add another Printed Documentation SSL with a different name. Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try generating to Word without the PDF option. Then generate PDF from Word. That usually fixes this problem.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter.  I get the exact same error and RH crashes when I generate a doc as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you also get this if you generate a printed document from the sample projects? Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

That will tell us whether it is a project issue or an environment issue.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter - I get the same error.  I tried several of the sample projects. It appears to make the !doc_tmp_folder and $StylePrepFile.htm file before it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So using Word 2010 32 bit it does not matter what project you open, one of yours or a supplied project or a new project, Rh crashes if you attempt to generate a Word document. It also does not matter whether you are mapping to a Word template or a CSS file. If all of that is true I think my next step would be to uninstall Rh and reinstall it.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is correct.  I will uninstall and reinstall and let you know.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did reinstalling RH work for you?  I'm so hesitant to do that, everything set the way I need it to be.

I have found that, for me, generating smaller Word documents does not cause an error, but large ones (800+ pages) causes the error.  My solution is to just generate the pieces I need and slip them into a previously generated document.  Not ideal, but I can't switch to 32 bit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Betty. Windows 64 bit and Office 32 bit should be fine. Works for me on several machines.

@Jennifer As indicated earlier, even Microsoft do not recommend your setup. Why can't you switch to 32 bit Office? It works on 64 bit machines.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IT people have finally uninstalled RH 11 for me.  Where do I find the reinstall for this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Rh11 installer will be wherever you put the CD or saved the download.

If you didn't save the download (you should for any product) then contact Customer Support. I believe they can give you a link provided you can demonstrate proof of purchase.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter - Robohelp 11 has been reinstalled.  I am sad to report that I am getting the exact same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you generating to your local drive?

Reinstalled with admin rights? If yes, I think you will need to take this

up with Adobe tech support as an installation issue (free).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter - yes reinstalled with admin rights and generating pdf to local drive.  Thank you for all your help - I will contact Adobe tech support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah! Give generating just to Word one more try and with a sample project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are in the processing of requesting a new PC and trying to decide if we will encounter problems using Windows 64 bit and Office 32 bit.  Using RoboHelp 11, we currently output to Printed Doc in Word format.  Should be anticipate any problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp