• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 for Mac - keyboard commands not working

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2010 Jul 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fired up Captivate 5 for Mac for the first time and am trying to create a recording, but the command+enter key does not stop the recording and instead captures a screenshot. In fact, every command combination I try does that and the only way to stop the recording is to click on the icon in the status bar at the top. What am I doing wrong? I have searched through the forum and help and don't see anyone else having this problem.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2010 Jul 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

By any chance, does your keyboard has a single key for 'return' key and 'enter' key. In that case try pressing fncommandenter key combination.

Do let us know whether this resolved your issue....

-Manish

Blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up just changing the default key to something else (Option - S). I just can't understand why the default didn't work for me, but it doesn't really matter as long as something else does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaimelee22,

Does your keyboard has 'return' and 'enter' on the same key?

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. But I don't think it is an issue with the return or enter key because

none of the command keystrokes worked like they were supposed to either

(pause, pan, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try using 'fn+command +F4' to start automatic panning.

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Captivate 8 now, after failing with 7. None of the shortcuts work on my Mac OS 10.9. Not with the function keys, and especially not with stopping a video with command-return, which is the equivalent of command-enter, since return also has the word enter written above it.

None of them worked in 7, either. I guess I need to learn how to make my own shortcut, since Adobe doesn't seem to be addressing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're talking about keystroke shortcuts in published browser output, the issue is not Adobe's fault but the fact that browsers get first pick of the keystrokes and assign them to their own browser functions. 

There is no way to control what the browser will or will not let through from within the Captivate content.  Each end user's browser can have different settings.

My advice is to stop stressing about using keystrokes.  There are some things that you can achieve when building an application that cannot be replicated exactly when building a browser-based simulation of that same application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources