• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Map ID files

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2007 Jul 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating page-sensitive help for a web-based application using RoboHelp HTML X5.0.2. The developers have provided me with a .HH file with each map ID in the following format: #define Add_Provider_Type_page dlgAddProviderType

I import the .HH into the RoboHelp project, but when I select it in the Edit Map ID dialog box, the Map ID box is blank. Any idea why? Is it necessary to have a numeric map #?

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The normal format is to have a numeric ID, something like: #define ID_WHATEVER 111222. I just tried putting other text in place of the numbers and RoboHelp didn't like it - even text that had been defined as numbers earlier in the .hh file. Anything without a numeric value was not seen in the dialog.

I do use an old version of RoboHelp. So your results may vary.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I suspected that was the problem. However, when I changed some of the entries in the .HH file to include a number, those entries still did not show up in dialog box.

I guess I must go back to developers and plead for them to use map numbers rather than the developer-assigned page name.

--Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharon,

If you changed the .hh file manually (as in using Notepad), you may need to close the project in RoboHelp and reopen it for the modified .hh file to show up.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2007 Jul 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ah yes, that is the problem. When I re-open the project, the map ID with the number is there.

Thank you so much.

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp