• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player keeps uninstalling

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe flash player will not stay installed. Each time I start my pc, I need to re-install flash. I have already uninstalled and did a clean install multiple times, but it does not seen to work. I am using Vista on a HP using IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I know Chrome has it's own flash, but some apps require another one?? Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "keeps uninstalling" - all Flash files gone from your computer?

What files do you have in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash:

1. before "uninstalling"?
  2. after "uninstalling"?

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it leaves the computer..I check in chrome plugins and there is only the chrome version left.

before.jpg

after

after.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the screenshots.  They show it's all still there.  However, for some strange reason the red Flash icons are gone.

When you look at the add-ons/plugins on IE and Firefox, they don't show any more after you restart your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. In IE and Firefox flash is gone. I re-install flash on both browsers with no problems until I need to restart my pc.Then I look in chrome plugins to see if there are two flash players and.....guess what? Only one, which by the way is the slower one. Adobe flash seems smoother and quicker that chromes.

after after.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you post the contents of the FlashInstall.log file, located in the same directory as the Flash Player files?  From the screenshot, the file is fairly large. If you have a location you can upload the entire file to that would be great, otherwise, posting the contents of the end of the file, showing the installs and uninstalls should suffice.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the whole file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent the entire file in the reply e-mail. But in case you didnt get it, here is the screenshot of as much as I could get.

install log.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if that screenshot is sufficient.  You can upload and share the entire file using this method https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1408375

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@g2000_69, unfortunately, the screenshot is not sufficient.  Replying to the auto-generated email from the forums also doesn't work.  Please use the instructions Pat links to to upload the entire contents of the log file.

@Pat, thanks for the link.  I didn't have it bookmarked and couldn't locate it.  I bookmarked it for future reference.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the link, here is the file.

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines