Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

auto page numbers don't work for one chapter in book

Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got one document in the middle of a book in which the pages don't autonumber correctly, event though the all the other chapters in the book do. In other words, it runs like this:

Ch. 1:  pp. 1 - 4

Ch. 2:  pp. 5 - 10

Ch. 3:  pp. 1 - 6

Ch. 4:  pp. 17- 22

In Ch. 3, when I go into the Page tab of the Numbering Properties dialog box, the First Page # radio button is checked, and the first page number is "1". I delete the "1", click the Continue Numbering from Previous Page in Book radio button, and click Set. Nothing changes in the document, and when I reopen the Numbering Properties box, the First Page # button is still checked, and it's still set to "1". Saving the file doesn't make any difference, nor does closing it and reopening it.

Any ideas about what the problem is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update the book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried checking/resetting numbering from the book panel, instead of inside the chapter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines