• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate asp files in Robohelp

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2007 Jun 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to create a new Topic that has an asp extension? When I click create new topic and try to name it with an asp extension, the file alters back to an html file. Currently I have to create an asp file in Notepad and include it in my baggage file and then link to it.

Also, when I compile, will asp files be included when a user searches for a term or phrase or does the search only look in html files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2007 Jun 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi flatk. Can you tell us a little more about why you want to use .asp files? What are you trying to achieve? Also what version of RH are you using as this may have a bearing? I'd be very surprised if .asp files were included in any search content but you could easily test this yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2007 Jul 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am cutting down on total # of files by pulling data from multiple databases using asp. I am currently using version 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 05, 2007 Jul 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi flatk

Anything inside the .ASP file will be totally ignored by RoboHelp search. At the time you compile or generate, RoboHelp creates the search indexes needed. As the .ASP content is not included here, there is no way for RoboHelp to know about that.

As for how to include them, I believe you have found your way. Add them as baggage.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2007 Jul 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will not search even if the asp file is included in the baggage file? Currently I have a drop down that calls an asp script (in the same page) to pull from a database. These results are also displayed on the same page. Since this page contains both html and asp the search engine still won't read the html part since it is saved as an .asp extension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 11, 2007 Jul 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Nope. Search totally ignores anything in the Baggage list.

Sorry... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2007 Jul 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I had a similiar situation and I came up with jimmy rigged solution. This might work for you.

I created htm topics in RoboHelp that contained key words of a corresponding ASP page. If, for example, your ASP is on widgets, you could create a topic with some hidden text about widgets. Then make this HTM topic a automatically redirect to the ASP page. When the user searches for widgets, they'll hit this page and automatically redirect to the ASP.

I know that this isn't ideal, but so long as you take the time to clearly define the text in the HTM, it might work for you.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp