• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not import photos from my Nikon D810

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought the new Nikon D810. I just spent all weekend with it and got some fantastic images.

So naturally I came home and immediately went to import them. I'm also using Lightroom 4.

and I had no image previews, so I thought to myself perhaps I'll get to see them after they finish importing and it just needs to recognize it's a new camera and not my D7000.

But nope! just as all my images finish I get this error pop up saying it does not recognize the Raw files I am importing.

I just googling and you tubing the problem but not real answer on whats is wrong,

So can I expect a update for Lightroom 4 really really soon? or do I listen to random people online saying to try out "whatever other random company" But I enjoy Lightroom. I been using it for 4 years and I like how it flows and and everything is easy to organize. It's a great program.

But if it isn't going to function with my D810 then it's almost a pointless program to me from here on out. I'd prefer to keep using Lightroom, preferably not having to go out and purchase the new Lightroom 5.

Anyway you make a really good program I would love to continue to use it, so any feedback on updates or troubleshooting guide would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will be no update for Lightroom 4 as the current version is v5.5, there is a RC for camera raw (8.6) that supports your camera and I expect that there will be a dot release for Lightroom to bring it to v5.6 with support.

If you are not going to upgrade you can use the DNG convertor from Download Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.6 Beta - Adobe Labs this link, convert your RAW files to DNG and import those to LR 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an add on question. I just ordered the D810 and am using the Creative Cloud with LR 5. I'm also on the newest iMac. Will LR5 recognize the D810 RAW files? Is there a camera setting that needs to be corrected for LR5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The current version (v5.5) doesn't but the next version should as support is in the current RC (v8.6) for ACR. You will need to wait for the update or use the DNG Converter (v8.6 RC) to convert and import to LR v5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A further wrinkle is that the current DNG Converter 8.6 RC (1), and probably the ACR 8.6 RC plug-in, will not correctly handle the D810’s new 9MP Small Raws, but does work ok with the full-resolution 36MP raws. I would expect the final 8.6 version to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also remember that the raw support for the D810 in the Release Candidates for ACR 8.6 and DNG Converter v8.6 may change in the release version.  The D810 is new and Adobe don't get advance information of the sensor characteristics, so it's quite likely that Adobe's raw conversion will be refined over coming weeks, so if you use the RCs for the D810 then you probably should be prepared to repeat the raw conversion when the release version appears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simon G E Garrett wrote:

The D810 is new and Adobe don't get advance information of the sensor characteristics, so it's quite likely that Adobe's raw conversion will be refined over coming weeks, so if you use the RCs for the D810 then you probably should be prepared to repeat the raw conversion when the release version appears. 

Do they ever get that advanced information? Sure would be lovely if companies like Canon and Nikon would provide NDA's and allow Adobe and all other such companies this useful information so this on-going nonsense of waiting to update the formats would stop. Universal raw format? The politics will not allow it even if that would be the best solution. As Rodney King said: Can't we all get along after we sign that NDA? OK, I'm paraphrasing a big

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew Rodney wrote:

Do they ever get that advanced information?

Yes, I recently bought a Sony DSC-RX100 M3 and by the time it was released the Camera RAW team already had RAW support in ACR 8.5, if I remember correctly RAW support in ACR 8.5 was in the release candidate on 2 June (final 18 June with LR 5.5) but the camera wasn't released until June 26

Obviously the RX100 M3 isn't a DSLR, but it is a pretty powerful compact that compliments my Canon equipment, but it shows there must have been cooperation between Adobe and Sony as although the camera was an upgrade to the M2 it had a new processor and lens.  Well done Camera RAW team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue with my new D810 and Lightroom 5.5 with my new iMac...I hope there is a fix SOON!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes very very soon preferablyI just shot a wedding and can't start editing….. I'm rotted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can sympathise with D810 owners, but this always happens: when a new camera is released, it's weeks or months before third-party software vendors can support it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: Since there is no ACR LR5.5 support (LR5.6) yet (other than DNG converter) for Nikon D810, PS/Bridge (CS6) users who have downloaded the ACR 8.6 from Adobe Labs (Win7 in my case) can "Browse in Bridge" and edit the ACR files with the Bridge tools. Of course the edit is outside the user's LR5.5 database but better than converting to DNG  and importing those files into LR5.5 - at least for now.  One caveat: I've noticed Bridge will only translate D810 raw files from (in my case) the CF card  (Lexar Pro 64GB 1066X) directly with the Lexar USB3 card reader and will not recognize the same files if you use the camera's USB3 port to access the files.  Apparently a gremlin either in the camera or the acr rc. Did not try the SD card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "Yes very very soon preferablyI just shot a wedding and can't start editing….. I'm rotted"

If I were in your position I would utilize Nikon new software to process your nef raw files to tiffs and import them into Lightroom and do the further editing that you require.

Updated: Nikon releases Capture NX-D 1.0.0 software: Digital Photography Review

Its free and you do not have to wait.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My D810 is downloading the NEF files at 72mg to my Mac (which cannot read them) Is this normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zutty wrote:

My D810 is downloading the NEF files at 72mg to my Mac (which cannot read them) Is this normal?

Look in your Nikon manual (download it from the NIkon site if you don't have one).  Search for "file size" and it will tell you.

For my D800, which should be about the same size, uncompressed, 14-bit raws are said (by Nikon) to be 74.4 Mbyte.  Lossless compressed 14-bit are down to 42M and lossless compressed 12-bit are around 32M.  If you really want "small", lossy compressed 12-bit are around 29M. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "My D810 is downloading the NEF files at 72mg to my Mac (which cannot read them) Is this normal?"

This is a separate issue from the original post and you should create a new post.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I will do so. Where am I supposed to post this new topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right here, just create a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same problem.  I do have LR5 and an updated Adobe that should work, but neither works. I imported photos RAW using the Nikon View NX2 and the photos look ok on my computer (Mac Book Pro OSX 10.9.5. four months old), but the pictures are corrupted when I look at them in preview and when I transfer to LR5 or updated photoshop. I was told immediately by Apple that the Aperture program could not accept the photos.  Actually nothing works when I import them as JPEGs either. There is a way to import, transfer to LR5 and make things work as my photoshop (JPI in Bradenton, FL) where I bought the new equipment, did this with my first batch.  But I cannot replicate the process. The card I am using, a, professional memory, AWXC/MAX pro master is not on the list of approved cards for the D810.  But we used the same card the first time. Could be the photo shop used the DNG converted also. I have that but don't know how to use it yet.

MK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could really use some help here as I'm under a tight deadline.

I'm running Photoshop CS6 with the latest RAW reader plug-in and have the latest DNG 9.0 Converter (using the correct file paths/preferences) on OSX, but my D810 RAW files still won't convert -"The Source Folder does not contain any supported camera RAW files" 

On a side note, the converter opens my D700 RAWs with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines