• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Installation Error: ABORT: Pointer is NULL… (MAC)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently just tried installing the latest flash player install and I'm getting the following error message when i click on the "install Adobe Flash Player" icon.  

Here is the full error message:

Internal error...

ABORT: Pointer is NULL

(/Users/macbuildbox/solid/lib/emucore/emu-str.c/1481)

If someone would have the slightest idea of how to resolve this issue, that would be great!!!

P.S. I'm using a Apple MAC:

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

Thanks in advance!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Thanks for your input Pat and Jeromie, looks like that link to the mac osx install worked a treat...

As for the installer log, I cant seem to find the file paths…. hopefully this method orks for everyone that gets this error though!

Cheers!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully Pat's suggestion gets you around this problem.  We'd still like to get a better understanding of what's happening here.

Could you also please post the contents of the installer log?

It's located under /Users/<your_username/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log.  You can attach it to a reply by clicking "Use Advanced Editor" in the reply window, then the Attach button at the bottom of the window, or any kind of file sharing link - dropbox, pastebin, etc. would work.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input Pat and Jeromie, looks like that link to the mac osx install worked a treat...

As for the installer log, I cant seem to find the file paths…. hopefully this method orks for everyone that gets this error though!

Cheers!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines