• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player help! conflicting information from the site. the blank gray screen again!

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again I am trying to update my flash player.  IE says it is installed and enabled but I received an error message.  Try to update and I get a blank gray screen.  Go to see if it is installed I am told it is not installed.  Can someone please tell me what the heck is going on with this product?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What is the OS and IE browser versions?  What was the error message?
Can you please provide the Flash Player install log file?  You can share it using the instructions provided here, How to share a document.

The log file will be located at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log.  If you have a 64-bit OS, there is also another install log file at C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash.  I'll need both files.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both files for the OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It said simply flash player upgrade is required.  There was not error message when I tried to upgrade.  Adobe says it is not installed when I go to helpx and check.  When I try to install it is get a blank gray screen for installer, no message nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are obviously using Windows, but you don't tell us what version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying my screen shots are not showing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fiddler,

3 screenshots display, however, they don't include the version of Windows you have.  Also, since you have a 64-bit OS, there will be Flash Player files in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash, not just in C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash.

Have you tried using the troubleshooting steps posted at Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows?

One possible issue I see is that you have the latest version of Flash Player installed (14.0.0.145), however, there are also 2 files from a very old version (11.8.800.168). Normally, these are removed when Flash Player is uninstalled/upgraded, however, if they're in use, they'll be marked for deletion in the registry and will be removed the next time the system is rebooted.  Since the files are still there either the machine has not been rebooted in a while, or there could be a permissions issues on the files preventing them from being removed. I need the log files (both) to investigate further.  Please use the instructions at How to share a document to post both install log files. Please do not post the files here in the thread.  I suspect they'll be fairly large and it will clutter the thread.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

I hope I did this right.  I have windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fiddler,

You posted the screenshot of the directory, but you still haven't provided the install log files.  Can you please upload the two FlashInstall.log files from both \Macromed\Flash directories?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Thank you for your help and your patience with me this is all new to me.  I hope this is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines