• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading From 9 Enterprise to 11 Enterprise

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About five years ago we upgraded our ColdFusion installation from MX 7 to 9.0.1.  We've been running this version for about three years now with no problems.  It's been great.  But, we're two versions behind.  We're running a MSSQL Server 2008 on an Windows Server 2008 R2 machine.  We are considering upgrading to ColdFusion 11 Enterprise.

I understand that in ColdFusion 11 Enterprise, they completely did away with certain things that were considered "deprecated" in version 10.  I have a feeling this might cause problems migrating to 11, especially considering that our system was originally designed/created on MX 7.  Of course, since upgrading to 9, we've tried our best to update everything from the old to the new.

Is it worth upgrading to ColdFusion 11 from 9?  Is it more than likely that we'll run in to problems with our applications in this upgrade?  If everything is working fine as is, is there really any benefit to upgrading?

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some features changes and architecture change in CF 10 with respect to CF 9.

Besides these, there are further lots of the features added in CF 11 with respect to CF 10, you can check list of those additional features through the link  http://www.adobe.com/in/products/coldfusion-family/buying-guide.displayTab3.html  .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kaif,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Unfortunately, I'm not necessarily referring to features.  I have already reviewed the product comparison chart that you've linked to.  I was referring more to certain tags and functionality of ColdFusion applications that work in ColdFusion 9 but may not work in ColdFusion 11.

These do not necessarily pertain to my application, but are used simply as examples: using structKeyExists() instead of isDefined()...The use of application.cfm and onRequestEnd.cfm...Things like that.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation