• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need a 64 bit Intel version of Adobe Flash Player?

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSx 10.8.5

Intel Core i7

Can anyone help me please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standard Mac installer provides native 64-bit support on 64-bit browsers.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the one for Adobe Flash Player 14 that I use according to my computer. That one doesn't even load up and it says that the application isn't responding.  Also the one you can get for the Mac OSx also isn't 64 bit according to my computer.

Thanks but try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What means "according to my computer"?  Can you provide a screenshot of where your computer says that Flash Player is 32-bit?

Of course you need to run it on a 64-bit browser to use the 64-bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says that it is not a 64-bits and also not from the app store in my System Report after you press the apple button and go about this mac, then more info, and then systems report, then click on applications.

I tried to send you a screenshot via this forum but it said it had trouble retrieving it even though it was less than 4 MB of data. So that is why I am sending you this message.

If you can help me that would be a great help.

Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilbro,

There is only one single Flash Player installer for 32- and 64-bit operating systems.  Not sure what you mean by "not from the app store" as Flash Player is not distributed via the App Store.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the most recently released version which is 14 and is for the Mac OSx is for both 64-bit and the other bit operating systems. Is there something I am missing is there a way to change the flash player to 64-bits.

Thanks for telling me but no one is helping me.

If someone could please just point me in the right direction via a link to a flash player that work in 64-bit operating system that would be nice.

Or like I said up top how to switch flash player so it runs on a 64-bit operating system.

Thank you for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilbro,

The Flash Player plugin is a dual-architecture plugin, supporting both 32- and 64-bit.  You can verify by running the 'file' command on the installed plugin in the Terminal app, as follows:

1. After installing Flash Player, launch Terminal app (/Application/Utilities/Terminal)
  2. At the prompt type: file /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/Flash\ Player.plugin/Contents/PlugIns/FlashPlayer-10.6.plugin/Contents/MacOS/FlashPlayer-10.6
  3. The results should look like the following (image attached):
    /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/PlugIns/FlashPlayer-10.6.plugin/Contents/MacOS/FlashPlayer-10.6: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures
    /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/PlugIns/FlashPlayer-10.6.plugin/Contents/MacOS/FlashPlayer-10.6 (for architecture i386): Mach-O bundle i386
    /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/PlugIns/FlashPlayer-10.6.plugin/Contents/MacOS/FlashPlayer-10.6 (for architecture x86_64): Mach-O 64-bit bundle x86_64

file2.gif

HTH.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried what you told me to do in the screenshot you provided but it say no file or directory of that name could be found what does that mean?

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would really help if you provided a screenshot: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know how to make a screenshot on my Macbook Pro and the forum thread you sent me to doesn't have a solution of how to make a screenshot it just tells me about creativity apps that I can use on my Macbook Pro if I had them and how it would make my life easier.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lilbro,

You can use the /Applications/Preview app to take screenshots. 

1. Open Preview.
  2. In the tool-bar, select File > Take Screenshot. 
  3. Select 'From Selection' or 'From Window'.
  4. Follow the prompt to take the screenshot.
  5. Save the file as .png or .jpeg (don't save it as .tiff).

If you have Flash Player installed, the plugin should be visible in /Applications/Internet Plug-ins.

1. Open Terminal in /Applications/Utilities, and type file followed by a space at the prompt
  2. In Finder, navigate to /Applications/Internet Plug-Ins
  3. Locate the Flash Player.plugin file, right-click select Show Package Contents
  4. Within the Flash Player.plugin bundle, navigate to Contents > Plugins
  5. You'll see FlashPlayer-10.6.plugin, right-click select Show Package Contents
  6. Navigate to Contents > MacOS
  7. Drag FlashPlayer-10.6 onto the Terminal window (the entire directory path should display to the right of the file command typed in step 1, and there should be a space between the command file and the directory path to FlashPlayer-10.6)
  8. Click Enter
  9. You should see results similar to what I posted.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines