• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player in windows 8.1 always says to upgrade to latest to play games on facebook. When i try it says i have the latest

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Toshiba satellite L75D-A7283 laptop and for 9+ months I have had the same problem, green screen on video's and when trying to play facebook games it says I need the latest player. I have to restart not just IE but my entire computer in order for flash player to work and sometimes that doesn't work. When I try to update to the lastest flash player it says I already have it. When I go to test the flash player it says either flash player is disabled or active x filter is on which is neither true. It also says that E.I. is the latest also. This is frustrating and want it fixed so what is my next step ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Beginning in Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer.  In order to update Flash Player, you must install the Internet Explorer for Flash Player updates, via Windows Updates.  Depending on what updates are installed, Windows does require a system restart.

These pages provide more information:

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I mentioned before, it updates automatically and it says I have the latest update but when I try to play a game I get the same message. If I restart it solves it sometimes but not always

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spent hours on this one and I fixed it by uninstalling KB3001237 and then reinstalling it standalone from step 3 in Flash Player Issues | Windows 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines