Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder won't delete

Jul 19, 2007 Jul 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got several folders who are now empty that I want to delete...but RH refuses to allow it. there is NOTHING in them - I've checked in Windows Explorer...nothing there, but the X is greyed out and they will not go away.

Irritating. Is there a file I can edit somewhere and remove them from the project? THANKS!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either there is a hidden file or there is a link to something in that file tricking RH into thinking there is something there.

Any broken links reported?

If not use a multi file find and replace tool to search your topics for the folder name.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter...didn't think about links to the folder - let me continue to look at this. No broken links but that doesn't mean that there might not be a reference. Let me look.

Take care!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tei. To add to Peter's advice I've had instances where the rhbag.apj file still contains references to a file (in a folder) that has been deleted. Once I manually amended the file I was able to delete the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Column - thank you! That's what I'm looking for...what can I edit to allow them to be deleted...or just remove them. Take care!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teri. I'm not clear if you need additional help. If you have redundant baggage files left in your project that you are sure you don't need, you can just delete them from the Baggage Files folder. If they still remain, and it can sometimes happen, just open the rhbag.apj file up in Notepad and remove the offending entry. All the usual provisos about backups apply of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Colum, that was THE KEY...thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp