• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having problems reinstalling Acrobat 7

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm an owner of ancient G5 Mac and CS2 Premium, which I had to reinstall this week. This means also GoLive2 and Acrobat7 in the package. The links you provide are apparently CS2 Standard. I can download GoLive2 separately, but I can't see ANY possibility to get a Macintosh version of Acrobat Pro 7. I don't care much about GoLive, but Acrobat is a crucial tool for me. Could you please add a new link or give me a precise instruction if I miss something? Thanks a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wwwojtek Acrobat 7 for Mac OS did not include activation technology.  You will want to install Acrobat 7 from your installation media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Jeff, it doesn't work. You're probably right about activation technology, but Acrobat still uses the suite serial number and apparently you can't have two CS2s on one machine.

After installing Acrobat from my original media and entering my original serial number Photoshop detected a conflict and said: "Your Adobe Photoshop user name, organization or serial number is missing or invalid. The application cannot continue and must now exit". After reinstalling Photoshop Acrobat got deauthorised and started to ask for serial number. Entering the serial number disables Photoshop, and so forth. For some reasons Illustrator and InDesign remain unaffected, but having both Acrobat and Photoshop with different suite SNs is impossible.

Wojtek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branched this to a separate discussion.

For the error you are receiving please see Error "user name, organization or serial number is missing or invalid" |Photoshop CS2 | Mac OS - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/startup-error-photoshop-cs2-mac.html.  Please try the solutions in this document to see if it resolves your current difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, your hint misses the point, because I have no problem with Photoshop error massages themselves but with the special incompatibility that occurs when Photoshop and Acrobat are installed as parts of two different Creative Suite copies (in this case one is Standard, and the other is Premium).

But I found a solution. I deleted the copy of Photoshop that came with the suite and instead downloaded and installed a standalone version.

So to complete a Premium set:

- Acrobat Pro comes from the original media

- Illustrator, InDesign (also Bridge and VersionCue if you use them) come from linked CS Standard images.

- Photoshop comes from linked standalone image.

- GoLive comes from linked standalone image.

Kind of patchwork but tried and true.

BTW, there's one more issue related to those versions with disabled activation - AutoUpdater doesn't work for them either. Fortunately, the complete update history with corresponding download links is still there on adobe.com so no problem to install all the updates manually.

Best,

Wojtek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent thanks for the update Wwwojtek.  Bit suprising that you are the first individual to run into these difficulties.  This thread will be useful though for anyone facing similar difficulties to reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That "tried and true" was a bit too fast. There's a bitter side effect of splitting the suite into pieces. That way Bridge loses a very useful option - "Suite color settings" that synchronizes setting in all the applications with just one click. That's something I would really miss.

If you intended CS2 Premium for Mac preserved all it's features, you should either deliver the missing images for Premium (most comfortable option) or at least standalone Acrobat Pro 7.

Wojtek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Jeff,

I've been experiencing the exact same issues as those being discussed here.

Many thanks to Wojtek for finding a way round the problem (which I'll put into practice today) but it seems a simple issue for Adobe to fix; just make installer disc '4' (from CS2 Premium) available to download along with the other three.

Any reason why this can't be done? It would save people like Wojtek and me a lot of flapping about!

Thanks,

LJD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LJD_2013 please see the updated discussions listed at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195856.  One of the updates in the referenced discussion thread addresses the concern of software not being available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at a loss.  This may not be the best place to ask this, but I can get no help from Adobe anywhere.  I, too, am having problems installing Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Pro.  I just got a new computer and I'm trying to install the same software I've been using for years, but apparently Adobe no longer has the activation servers available becasue of a technical issue.  You don't suport activation via phone for this product either.  We are a very small business and cannot afford to purchase new software now, especially after just getting a new computer.  So I did some research.

I found via the Adobe website that I can download the software I need, without it requiring an activation code.:  http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html.  It says you just need to have actually purchsed the software previously.  So I downloaded the file, and began installation.  It asks for a serial number (of course, how else would you know that I have purchsed it?)  But when I put in the serial number from my Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Pro disk its says invalid.  I checked back on the link above and it says: 

Invalid serial number error

• Make sure that you are using the serial number provided with the download (not your original CS2 serial number).

But the download never provided a serial number!  Now what am I supposed to do??  I really  REALLY need to be able to use my software, that my company paid for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Webchick2013 which operating system is your new computer utilizing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff.  I'm using windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Webchick2013 then please see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195856 for information on how to obtain a non-activation version of Acrobat 7. 

Please be aware though that if you can even get Acrobat 7 to install under Windows 7 much of it's functionality, such as the ability to Create PDFs, will not be available under such a modern operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff, but that is exactly what I've already done.  The problem is when I'm going to install the version from your website with no activation code.  It still needs a serial number.  I'm trying to put in the serial number from the software we purchased and it says it's invalide.  The web page on your site says "make sure you are using the serial number provided with the download (not your original CS2 serial number).  There was no serial number provided with the download.

I do understand that it will lose some functionality, but as we cannot afford to update I don't see any other choice at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Webchick2013 the serial number you should use is on the same page you downloaded the software from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ha!  I see it.  I am going to try it agian.  Thank you Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!  Thank you so much.  I can at least add and remove pages to documents again.  I'll use something else to create pdfs until we can afford to upgrade.  I appreciate the quick answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

My problem is that I have copied the serial number from the link (both copied & pasted, and typed in) and it still comes up invalid.

I am just installing Photoshop CS2 for Windows, and you can see in the attached screenshot that that is the correct serial number per the site.

I could always try the entire CS2 package to see if it works, but that seems like overkill, plus I never purchased the entire package, so it is against the rules.

<Screen shot with serial number removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IceNixie you will want to use the serial number included on the download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear LJD_2013,

Let me decipher Jeff's brief reply. In the thread Jeff is referring to, a good soul left a link to the former download page:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130110045834/http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

As you see, once there was Acrobat there, well, not exactly the same version, but perfectly working. The links still work, so do serial numbers. It solved all my issues, maybe it will help you too.

Seriously, I still don't understand why this is better than simply giving anyone what he paid for. But OK, it finally works.

Wojtek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reviewed comments in original discussion and this new branched discussion, but don't understand how to download CS2 software that does not require the disabled activation server, since I purchased CS2 years ago and registered it using my Adobe account.  I tried the link provided which said, "Sorry, this page is no longer available" and it took me to here:  https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=cs2%5Fdownloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Websur4 the link is still working for me.  Please try a different web browser if you are unable to display the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!!!   I can't find the link in the "other downloads" section. It only goes down to CS3.  When I have clicked on some of the links others have posted to download my CS2, I get this error:

Header Length too Large

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vlybol9 please try a different web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines