• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 11 Hyperlink Does Not Allow Copy and Paste

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched to RH 11 and I noticed that I cannot add pasted text when I'm hyper linking. I've tried copy and pasting from another program into the topic and then copying and pasting again into hyperlink with no luck. This is frustrating because now I have to type out long URLs that use a lot of characters. Does anyone have an idea of what is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance!

RoboHelp Problem.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both work for me using Ctrl+V and the mouse context menu. Can you paste the URL's into Notepad?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, William. Unfortunately, the Notepad trick doesn't work either. Maybe I will need to reload RH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see how reinstalling would help here. If you can't even paste into Notepad this suggests a more general Windows issue. Can you copy / paste in other applications? Is there something about the RH project's location that could have different access rights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboColum -

I can paste in other applications, including the Hyperlink box of Word. I think you are on to something in regards to the location, however. I opened one of the example projects from Adobe and hyperlinking works just fine there. My project in question is in My Documents folder on my computer rather than on a network drive.

Thanks for your reply. I will keep searching for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: I am on Windows 8 and I tried running the project as an Administrator. No luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where’s the project located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try running a copy of it in a c:\projects\ folder that you’ve given full rights to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff -

First, this is my personal machine so I have access to all drives. It sits in the My Documents folder (under My Computer). I've copied it elsewhere to see if that helps and it does not.

Maybe this is important to know: I created this originally with RH 9. I skipped the 10 version and just recently upgraded to 11. Everything else about the project seems to operate normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You had mentioned that it was a Win8 machine someplace I recall – from Vista onwards, MS has been trying to protect ourselves by limited access to folders on our own machines even though we are admin users. You still have to right-click > Security and grant yourself Full Control to a folder. Anyway, RH always likes short path names to projects. Assuming you’ve got all RH updates loaded, have you tried deleting the CPD file? It gets recreated each time you start up the project, so it’s safe to blow it away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I would amend that statement just a tad.

You said:

have you tried deleting the CPD file? It gets recreated each time you start up the project, so it’s safe to blow it away.

Actually, *If RoboHelp sees the file is missing* RoboHelp will happily re-create it. But that's the only time. It doesn't routinely re-create it each time the project is opened. (unless, of course, one has taken the additional step of configuring RoboHelp to re-create it each time.)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that didn't work either. Thank you though for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, deleting the CPD file is what I tried. I have also checked to see that I have full control over the file and folder, and I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the length of the URL? Could it be over 255 characters? If so, could the link path be reduced by:

• Moving the content to another directory
  • Renaming a directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp