Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The style of the TOC in a chm

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2007 Jul 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just looking at the the Help file for the Microsoft CRM package and I notice a couple of things in the TOC in the Help file:

* They use a heading to introduce a section, and the heading does not have an icon – that is, does not have the red ‘closed book, open book’ icons.

* For a topic within a book, they haven’t always used the 'blue question mark' icon, they’ve also used a green ‘circular line' icon.

Could someone tell me how you do these two things.

Regards, Nicky

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2007 Jul 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicky.

First off I'm not familiar with that help file but I can say how I think they do it. If you right click on a book in your TOC, select Properties and go to the Advanced tab. There is an image field there that can be used to specify one of 42 images files.

It may also be a custom icon strip they are using. Microsoft being Microsoft they can afford to throw money to have lots of customisation. Check out this link for how to set these up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2007 Jul 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for that Colum. Nicky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp