Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud CC Yosemite 10.10 Fix

Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stumbled upon what I believe to be a fix for Adobe Creative Cloud not working on Mac OS X Yosemite.  It looks like we need to update Java to 7 60.  You cannot do a fresh install of Java 7 version 60, you must update from Settings -> Java -> Update.  From there, I restarted and noticed Creative Cloud was now working.  I've tried this solution on two machines with Yosemite, upgrade and fresh install.  @adobe ; @creativeCloud ; Creative Cloud Download & Install

Good luck all!

Justin

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 104 Replies 104
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that after updating to Java 8 that CC works on Yosemite. Just installing the new 2014 apps now, but seems to work without a problem.

Java 8 Link:

JDK 8u20 Early Access Releases — Project Kenai

Running this on a late 2013 rMBP (max specs).

Thanks for the post Justin!

Update:

Everything works fine now with all apps installed. Muse was giving some problems with install; always gave an error at 42%, however, it is on the machine and runs. Obviously some funky stuff going on with Yosemite but at least there seems to be a fix now.

To recap:

- I installed Java 8

- Uninstalled CC

- Installed CC

- Restarted machine

- CC works (almost) perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. Updated to Java 8 05 SE. CC won't connect. Perhaps I need the JDK...

Downloaded a trial in the meantime. Hopefully it's sorted in 29 days. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow up- I installed the trial version of Photoshop CC. Creative Cloud will now connect as long as Photoshop is open. Otherwise it will crash. This has also allowed me to install Lightroom 5 from CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone was curious, Creative Cloud still does not work in DP3 of Yosemite 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW I am running JRE 8_20

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried it with JRE 8 20, I would suggest uninstalling JRE 8 and installing JRE 7 60.  JRE 8 is still in beta mode.  It works just fine with me @ JRE 7 60.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed.  It does not work regardless of deleting OOBE data, upgrading Java, standing on your head... nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When I open a CC application it always asks to sign in, I sign in and press continue, then it keeps going round in a loop. So installing an updated version of Java should solve the issue? It was working fine before I upgraded to Yosemite.

Kind thanks

Justin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update on this? I'm on beta 4 which was rolled out today and still stuck on installer spinning around. Killed process, uninstalled, installed java 8 nothing works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to remove the creative cloud app, install the latest JRE 8 20 23, reinstall the CC App, then everything worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the CC desktop app actually use Java? I thought it was only needed for certain of the apps.

Regardless, installing JRE 8 20 23 and reinstalling the CC desktop app has not gotten things to work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to completely remove and verify removal of java and the CC install app. Then rebooted, installed latest version of java. Rebooted, installed the CC app. Restarted and connected. I have the latest 10.10 release DP 4. Everything is working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I ended up reformatting and doing a clean install of DP1, installing CC, and then upgrading to DP4. Everything worked on DP1, and still works at the moment. 

I have no installation of Java on this system right now. So I have no idea why reinstalling Oracle Java would help, although it seems to help some people.  I think the problem is that in some cases, CC needs to display some web content (i.e., terms of service or upgrade) and there's some problem with the Adobe CEF Helper that hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I got it to work on my Mac running OS X Yosemite public beta:

1. Uninstall all Adobe apps

2. Run Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

3. Install Java 8 Early Release

4. Use direct downloads for the trials by following these instructions

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

henningko wrote:

The way I got it to work on my Mac running OS X Yosemite public beta:

1. Uninstall all Adobe apps

2. Run Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

3. Install Java 8 Early Release

4. Use direct downloads for the trials by following these instructions

Good luck!

Just to quickly elaborate:

Installing Java 8 Early Release may not be necessary, I just happened to do it and it worked afterwards.

More critical seems to be the complete removal of the Creative Cloud Application Manager and the installation using the direct downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix worked fine for me. Took some time to figure out how to download the standalone apps. When installed it connected via the adobe application manager, and after a restart the CC-desktop app connected as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally worked for me.

Installed new Java.

Ran Adobe CreativeCloud Cleaner Tool.

Reinstalled Creative Cloud.

Reinstalled Apps.

Voila!

Thanks to all who contributed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF that  would take me a whole day. There should be a solution for this, since we are paying for a very expensive software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to give a heads up for those running into the problem of the "Spinning Blue Wheel" when you open the Creative Cloud Manager.

I downloaded a DMG of Photoshop CC and installed it through that, logging in to my Adobe account during installation. Once the install completed CC Manager responded and logged me in allowing me to download and manage my apps through there. Just thought this would be a good heads up for those who want to use Yosemite but still need Adobe applications without having to try a bunch of odd fixes or reformat their Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot even download Photoshop CC:

Error

We are currently experiencing some issues, please try again later. If the problem persists, contact customer support.

Have tried the Java solution with reinstalling CC app AFTER uninstalling and CLEANering it, also.

Adobe Download Assistant will not update, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the latest Dev Yosemite install…had the spinning CC circle.

I tried all of the bollocks listed here and elsewhere, and nothing worked…until I did this:

• Use Activity Monitor to force quit Creative Cloud
  • From in-app (I used Photoshop CC)…sign out of Creative Cloud
  • Re-open Photoshop…sign back in to CC
  • Launch Creative Cloud Desktop
  • Voila…back in business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

androsey wrote:

Running the latest Dev Yosemite install…had the spinning CC circle.

I tried all of the bollocks listed here and elsewhere, and nothing worked…until I did this:

• Use Activity Monitor to force quit Creative Cloud
  • From in-app (I used Photoshop CC)…sign out of Creative Cloud
  • Re-open Photoshop…sign back in to CC
  • Launch Creative Cloud Desktop
  • Voila…back in business.

This solution absolutely worked for me. Back in business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

androsey's solution also worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines