• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Correct answer?

LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

001.JPGMy previous thread on this has been archived, so I am opening a new one.

How can a question posted today and with no answers become Answered?

(The status of the thread will change because I will post an answer to the question immediately after posting this message).

(And inserting images in IE still puts them at the beginning of the message, not at the insertion point)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thread can be marked "assumed answered" but without a link to the post you're referring to, I can't say what the status is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, this is the link to the thread: Resiliation. I opened it immediately after creating this one, and found that it was indeed marked "assumed answered". This was only about 8 hours after the question was posted, and there was not a single reply until I posted mine. An overzealous host perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reset it. Don't know who closed it, does indeed look like a mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Claudio,

do you remember "Jive 7, for a ... time" >>> https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1490359?sr=inbox&ru=218230. What concerns "inserting .. " we found out IE is the culprit, in FF all (even my spellchecking Problem) works like a charm.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter, I knew from the beginning  that the insertion problem was restricted to IE, and I said so when I reported it here:

Inserting images wrecks my messages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a real beauty: the question has not been answered, and a post containing just a clarifying question has been marked as the correct answer! Adobe Reader

(Dave, I had marked your message #4 as correct, but have now unmarked it because I don't think that reporting further examples deserves creating a new thread...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We cannot tell why, or who marked it as answered.  I don't know if the admins have access to any logs to reveal that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not directly. If I knew who it was who made the change, we could see the event in that user's transcript; but the thread log itself is only visible to engineering. I've reset the topic and moved it to the correct space.

I don't know if the admins have access to any logs to reveal that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat and Dave for your explanations, and Dave for removing another incorrect Correct mark.

I am not really interested in knowing who marks as Correct a question that has not been anwered, or why. I only wish that this doesn't happen frequently; and that when it does happen, the wrong marking is removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another case of an impossible correct answer (most probably by a mistake of the OP): I can not open anything with out the DEP message coming on. My computer will not allow me to run Ado...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have unmarked the topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Pat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio.

Here is a thread where the question has been answered. Period. Pure and simple. No Correct Answer. Nothing Assumed. No superfluousnesses of any kind.

Add Strokes to Placed Images in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob - that's a strange one, shouldn't be possible. We'll look into it, meanwhile it'll have to stay as it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not keep it as it is, Dave?

The thread started and ended more than three years ago with everyone happy (apart from the very very late post today which the OP will (at least almost) undoubtedly remain completely unaware of).

If everyone just leaves it as it is, it may even give us new exciting experiences.

And post #15 here will remain intelligible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this one. I'll let you all know what the jive folks say!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2014 Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Madison,

please have a look here (although it's more corresponding to the closed thread: Why "Assumed Answered" when there are no replies?)

ich kann Photoshop 12 nicht auf Photoshop 7 laden. (updata) where the answer is "assumed answered" only in the "main page" (see my screenshot)

green.JPG

Who is allowed to do that?

JIVE's duties?

Yours

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hans-g. wrote:

Who is allowed to do that?

JIVE's duties?

It's idiotic to allow this, but then "idiotic" is a synonym of "JIVE"!

I have removed the 'Assumed answered' from that topic, although it is unsure if your link helped the user to resolve his problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1549415😞

assumed_answered.png

It's very easy to ignore questions/problems that have the green mark; this should really not be allowed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assumed_answered2.png

It just crops up everywhere!

One question I have is: do these users do it themselves, or does someone else do it for them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pat,

concerning your "One question I have is: do these users do it themselves, or does someone else do it for them?".

In order to see what "image" a questioner gets I posted this: Re: OT: What will the questions look like in the new forum's outfit and I found out (maybe self-evident in the meantime):

The questioner is able to click into the fields "helpful" or "Correct Answer".

The "helpers" can't see htese fields.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only hosts and admins can set 'assumed answered'. This is what we see:

17-08-2014 16-32-00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines