• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing Citrix HDX-compatible Flash Plug-in

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm setting up an HP thin client for XenDesktop and I want HDX.  In testing the connection the Citrix client prompted me to install a different version of Flash.  This redirected to this site:

http://www.citrix.com/products/xendesktop/support/download-flash-plugin.html

The 1.0 MB installer from this location, which comes from an Adobe server, does not run correctly on the thin clients.  I've tried multiple thin clients to no avail.  I've tested on standard XP computers and it installs fine, but this is all I get on the thin clients:

Flash.jpg

I've tried different command lines to see if I can get it to extract a copy of the full installer but that also did not work.  I've also looked on the Flash redistributables page but it was not listed.

Is there a command line to get this extracted or a redistributable version available somewhere?  This is a necessity for our XenDesktop deployment.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Hello,

We have received a few reports of the window displaying without text (not specific to thin clients), however, we have been unable to reproduce it.  We would appreciate it if you could generate and submit a log file to aid in troubleshooting.  Can you please do the following:

1. Download the installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer and save it to the desktop
  2. Launch the command prompt, click the Start orb and in the search field, type: cmd.exe
  3. When the command prompt utility launches, drag the ins

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have received a few reports of the window displaying without text (not specific to thin clients), however, we have been unable to reproduce it.  We would appreciate it if you could generate and submit a log file to aid in troubleshooting.  Can you please do the following:

1. Download the installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer and save it to the desktop
  2. Launch the command prompt, click the Start orb and in the search field, type: cmd.exe
  3. When the command prompt utility launches, drag the installer from the desktop onto the command prompt window hit space key and type /debug
    • It should look similar to (the actual file name may differ): C:\Users\labuser\Desktop\install_flashplayer14x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe /debug
      1. Note there IS a space between the file name and the / and there is NO space between / and debug
  4. Click Enter to proceed
  5. A file named host.develop.log will be saved to the same location the installer was saved to
    • You may notice the the online installer file is missing. This is because it deletes itself once executed, so it will no longer be saved locally.
  6. Post the contents of the host.develop.log file here in your response, or share the file following the How to share a document instructions.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maria, you rock!  The downloader was failing due to an untrusted cert.  Ran the latest MS Root Cert update and that solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines