Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to give away a problem client

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have just finished building a site for a client and long story short we have fired them,

How do I transfer the site to a new bc partner? (thats if anyone wants them?)
Is there away to do this?

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Hi Designbynz,

Please follow the steps here Business Catalyst Help | Transferring Sites between Partners

Best Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Designbynz,

Please follow the steps here Business Catalyst Help | Transferring Sites between Partners

Best Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without naming and shaming what was the problem with the client if you don't mind me asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks TS-Rohit!

With out going into details.
There were problems that escalated to a point at which we decided it was better for our mental health to walk away.

It really highlighted two things

1. Having a contract with strong terms of trade is of utmost importance.
  2. Get paid before the site goes live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hear you, I find that most issues boil down to miscommunications and mis matched expectations. Sometimes it is unavoidable as some people look you right in the face and nod when they have no idea what you are talking about and once you build it they say "that is not what I wanted". Also some clients think because you build something for them you are on call 24/7 for anything including "why is their computer going slow"

I'm sure everyone knows you need to put everything on paper in advance, explain payment terms, warranty periods, be firm on scope changes (that you don't do them or they cost). If you do something for free, let the client know you are doing it for free or it is out of scope otherwise they wont know what costs money and what does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines