• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 on Windows 8

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ADE2.0 installer asks for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 on my fresh install of Windows 8 (over Vista), but I'm up to date with everything in Windows Update.

I tried downloading and installing .NET from the page suggested by the ADE intaller but when I launch the .NET installer it says I already got that or a newer version.

On the Adobe site I can't find anymore the ADE 1.7.2 installer.

Is it a known issue or is it just me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I even went back and reinstalled all the old versions... what a mess.. still no positive results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE requires Microsoft .Net 3.5 when installing version 1.8 or higher. I'm using windows 8 and have successfully gotten 1.7.2.1131 to run. You'll have to pull it off a download site like windows9.com. I assume 2.0 will be updated soon enough to use .Net 4.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Update will not install .NET 3.5 for you.

Use Control Panel -> Programs -> "Turn Windows features on or off". You should see .NET 3.5 as the first thing in that list. Select it and click OK. It will install .NET 3.5.

You should be able to install ADE 2 after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines