• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I uninstall Premiere CS6?

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It mucked up Premiers CS5 and I still have a project to complete.

I need to uninstall CS6 and reinstall CS5.  Can't find the uninstall CS6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it.  Uninstalled it.  Reinstalled old CS5 from scratch.  Same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What issue are you having?  Are you receiving a particular error message in Premiere Pro CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something changed regarding codecs or quicktime software.

I have an open project that uses HDV and .MOV files from a DSLR.

I have edited this very project and footage until a week ago with no issues. 

Suddenly the multicam will play only a couple frames, the video freezes and audio continues.

When I get it to stop and close the multicam window, the entire application freezes and crashes.

I thought uninstalling CS5 would help, but it didn't. 

I have the same issue with this project opened in my new CS6. 

Multicam freezes on .MOV files and they just play generally jerkily even simply rendered on a timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Pro CS5, CS5.5, & CS6 forum.  Boumr2280 the users in this forum should be able to provide some more specific steps to resolve your current difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend using the CS cleaner tool.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

After using this tool to uninstall them both try reinstalling the one you need. Then see if your problem persists.

Just realized you had two seperated discussions after I posted this, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Found it.  Uninstalled it.  Reinstalled old CS5 from scratch.  Same issues."

Found it WHERE? I have no idea how to uninstall... not showing up in Programs and Features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you choose the Adobe CS6 in the add/remove programs, it pulls up a thing where you can uninstall any number or all of the CS6 programs.  Plus totally use the CS Cleaner tool mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another problem. I cannot install from CC because AM shows "installed". In my case cleaner may not work, because I have Design & Web Suite CS6 hard copy on my PC and only Premiere Pro is to be installed from CC. Has that cleaner choice of what you want to clean? I unstalled trial PP but it still shows installed, this is why the only otion I see a cleaner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Creative Cloud comes with all applications, maybe try removing the Design and Web suite, running the cleaner, then reinstalling the programs you need from the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim,

I got it sorted out. Even though Encoder came with Design & Web Suite, it also came with Pr trial. I checked uninstall folder again and found Adobe Premier Pro CS6 there, even though I  unsinstalled this week. I clicked Uninstall again and then found that instead of Pr, Encoder is uninstalling. After that I was able to install Pr from the Cloud 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go to add or remove programs in your control panel. You can uninstall from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I have tried everything, including Adobe Cleaner tool but even with the tool cleaning everything the same errors appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try Microsoft Fix it tool :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

You may also try with other uninstallers like Revo , YouUinstaller ...etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines