• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I open WebHelp to display Search or Index

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried searching for a previous post on this (as I was sure there would be one) but cannot find a prior posting...

I have RH8 and am building WebHelp. My skin opens the TOC by default.

We are moving from a CHM file deployed on client desktop to a call from the desktop GUI to our server-deployed WebHelp.

This will allow us to update the help globally for all clients at one time without any push out to clients to install locally.

Our GUI has a Help menu with TOC, Search, Index options.

My skin in WebHelp opens to TOC by default.

The calls to help work fine and open the TOC view and we have the context sensitive help working fine.

How do we call WebHelp but open to the Search or Index view of the frameset?

As always, thanks to all for any guidance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to “promote” one of the others to show up first, just move them around in your SSL recipe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by "promote". I am not looking to change the default navigation pane as I want the TOC to display on generic opening. This question is related to calling the WebHelp based on the menu option in the application and allowing the navigation pane to open at TOC or Index or Search based on the selection of either Contents, Index or Search menu options available from the desktop application Help menu.

After some additional research, I was seeing references to calling the ShowWebHelp function. I found the API folder in my Program Files/Adobe/RoboHelp folder that subfolders for each type of implementation (i.e., JavaScript, VB.NET). It appears these subfolders have the supporting API functions to call help from an application. I looked in the JavaScript subfolder and there is a JavaScript file RoboHelp_CSH.js that has the ShowWebHelp function that allows you to call the WebHelp and specify the navigation pane that is displayed.

Is this how we call help from an application and open in a specific navigation view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you didn’t want to change the default order or appearance of the ToC/Search/Index/Glossary, then yes, you will need to go “under the hood” & tinker with the code that’s your developers use to call the CSH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp