• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Flash Builder/Developing for mobile. What Application Type should I select? Web or Desktop?

Engaged ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Flash Build and I'm starting a new project that will go on mobile (iOS and Android). When I create a new ActionScript project:

1. What option do I select for “Application Type.” Web or Desktop? During the project I will have to test so does this matter?
  2. Is it possible to switch from a Web application type to a Desktop after I’ve made a selection? If so where to I change that setting?

ApplicationType.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What option do I select for “Application Type.” Web or Desktop? During the project I will have to test so does this matter?

It looks like you are using an older version of Flash Builder. The new version (4.7) allows you build a "ActionScript Mobile Air" project.

I'd recommend updating to get all the latest mobile upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI, I believe the answer to my question is select the 'New ActionScript Mobile Project,' instead of 'New ActionScript Project.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines