• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Orphan installation disk

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I update Adobe Flash on my MacBook Pro, the installation disk is left mounted on my Mac. My system, running the latest version of Mavericks, starts acting strange. When I go to Disk Utility, I see the Adobe disk mounted. Sometimes I'm able to just drag the disk out of the Disk Utility window, but most of the time I need to restart my system to get rid of this orphan disk. Why does this keep happening? Is there anything to do to prevent it? It's a real nuisance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty weird.  Mavericks has this "open all the windows I had open before the reboot" behavior that I think is at the root of this.  My guess is that if you delete the .dmg file for the installer, that Mavericks will stop doing this.  Depending on the browser, it should either be on the desktop or in your downloads folder.

The other thing you should try to do is "eject" the disk image from Finder.  Open a new Finder window and you should see the installer listed as a disk in the left-hand pane.  There should be an eject icon to the right of it.  Just hit Eject.

My guess is that it was mounted when you rebooted, and it just keeps getting re-mounted because Mavericks is trying to preserve your previous session.  If you eject it, it shouldn't re-mount after you reboot again.  Either way, deleting the associated .dmg file and emptying the trash will make sure that there's nothing *to* remount.  That's probably unnecessary, but there's probably not a huge reason to keep the installer files around now that you're done with them anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeromie. I'll check this out next time I apply an update. I believe this was happening even before Mavericks. I know that it's a discussed issue on the Apple boards and has been going on for quite a long time. I usually do eject the installation disk after I've run the Install, and that hasn't seemed to make a difference. I'll pay more attention next time, though, and we'll see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you run across more information, please feel free to point me to it.  Most of us use Mac as our primary machines, and I haven't heard anyone complain about this particular issue before.  It's really odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

This may be due to the 'saved state' feature in OS X.  Here are some links with information on this and how to disable it:

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines