• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Adobe Flash Player. install box is just black/grey

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing Adobe Flash Player with Chrome and IE, but they both give me the same screen.

http://i.imgur.com/VqsW33K.png

The screen just hangs there forever and does not do anything. I am trying to install Adobe Flash Player for use with Steam. Steam suggests installing Adobe for other browsers but none of the installers will work. Does anybody know a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's no good.  Please help us fix this by collecting the logs so that we can understand what's failing.

Windows

1. Download the Adobe Install Helper (AIH) installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer
  2. Open a command prompt and change directories to the location where the AIH installer is saved to
  3. At the prompt, run AIH in DEBUG mode:

<AIH_Installer_File_Name.exe> /debug

(e.g. install_flashplayer_11x32ax_chrd_aih.exe /debug)

1. The AIH log file, host.developer.log, will be created in the same directory/location where the AIH installer was saved to (step 1)
  2. Flash Player install log file:
    1. C:/Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash/FlashInstall.log
    2. C:/Windows/SysWOW64/Macromed/Flash/FlashInstall.log

Please provide both logs.  Pastebin or Dropbox links or something are totally fine, or you can try to attach them directly to the thread by choosing "Advanced Editor" in the reply window and clicking Attach in the lower right corner of the reply box.

Once you've collected the logs, use this direct download link at the bottom of this guide instead, and it should get you going:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeromie Clark wrote:

try to attach them directly to the thread by choosing "Advanced Editor" in the reply window and clicking Attach in the lower right corner of the reply box.

With the new forum software, only Adobe staff can attach files to posts.

The easiest way to share files on this forum: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1408375

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines