Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player not installed

Jul 22, 2007 Jul 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start Captivate I get a message stating that Flash Player is not installed - and then redirected to the Adobe page where to download the plugin.
And that is always, even after installing the plugin.
For instance when I click on the link "You can verify the version you have installed by visiting the About Flash page." I get the confirmation that Flash Player is actually installed:
"You have version 9,0,47,0 installed".
Please help to avoid it.
Jim
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim and welcome to our community

One thing you can try is to simply click Help > Getting Started Tutorials and run any of the tutorials. These are in .EXE format and should install any of the components that your computer thinks is missing. Then retry.

These steps came from the developers.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the information.
But where can I found the link Help > Getting Started Tutorials ?
If it is in Captivate, I cannot get it as immediatly after the error msg the software is shut down.
Regards.
Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

In that case, you might try to open Windows Explorer and navigate to:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2\Help\Showcase

Then double-click any of the .EXE files you find inside the folder.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
That's right !
It tried using the EXE files and even nothing has been requested for installation, now Captivate is running perfectly.
Many thanks.
Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2007 Aug 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this dialog while searching for the solution to the issue that carnoy had. My Captivate had been working fine until it stopped finding the Flash player. Attempting the suggested opening of one of the executables in the showcase just gives me a black screen with my mouse pointer showing. What might the next work around be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2007 Aug 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Follow up. My system is telling me that the "class is not registered" when I click one of the Showcase executables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources