• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Publish to Word Handouts

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2007 Jul 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to publish a Captivate 2 file to Word Handouts, the export seems to work and I get the dialog box to View Output, but before I click on View output, I get an error message -- An error was encountered while Publishing to Word. Please check and make sure Word is not busy and try again.

I have checked the path for the new file and it seems valid. I have tried with Word open and closed. I am using Word 2003

Any ideas?
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pshuckart

You might need to contact Adobe Support on this. While I'm unaware of any incompatibilities with Word, I suppose it's quite possible that Captivate may have issues with Word 2003. You may contact Adobe Support by clicking here.

Or perhaps others here can offer different insights.

Cheers and best of luck to you in getting it resolved... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pshuckhart,

What other programs are running when you try to do this? I know from experience that many clip board extenders and/or macro programs (Classic Clipboard, MacroExpress, etc.) can cause the print option to fail. You may want to try closing/turning off any other programs that you have running to see if any of them are causing the failure.

quote:

Originally posted by: pshuckhart
When I try to publish a Captivate 2 file to Word Handouts, the export seems to work and I get the dialog box to View Output, but before I click on View output, I get an error message -- An error was encountered while Publishing to Word. Please check and make sure Word is not busy and try again.

I have checked the path for the new file and it seems valid. I have tried with Word open and closed. I am using Word 2003

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on this suggestion, I did turn off all attached Word templates -- nothing like Classic Clipboard etc. I am still getting the error message. I opened a case with Adobe support. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem the second day I used Captivate - Please de-select *Use tables in the Output* this seems to cause a conflict with Word. Once de-selected it will print to Word. You may then change the page layout in Word.

Trudy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2007 Aug 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I turned off the tables. No clipboards active, etc. Can you tell me (us) what you found out from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2007 Aug 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Adobe suggested de selecting Use Tables In Output. I did and everything worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources