• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF10 cluster: isolate instance via URL?

Participant ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to specify which instance is used by URL when apache is connected to a CF10 cluster?  We have one instance that handles all our scheduled tasks, and we would like to make sure calls to localhost run on the same instance, not load balanced between the cluster members.  We could create a F/S link (centos) to add the codebase to the CFIDE webroot, and then specify the administration port for the one instance, but I was hoping for a more simplified and elegant solution.

Thanks,

-Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding you correctly....

You could edit your HOSTS file and map a URL specific to your scheduled tasks instance.  For example, in your HOSTS file an entry like:

# Map scheduled tasks URL to Instance 1

192.0.0.1  schedtasks.serverinstance1.com

Where the IP address is the specific instance for your tasks and should bypass your load balancer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply, but I was referring to Application Server level load balancing, not the physical load balancer in front of the physical servers.  Calling localhost effectively does what you propose, taking the physical LB out of the equation.   I was looking for a way to isolate the specific instance when running CF with multiple instances configured in a CF cluster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation