Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixing/resetting the dictionary?

New Here ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using RoboHelp 8 for Windows 7. Even though I have the langauge setting to "English (US)," it's constantly calling words as spelled wrong, even when they're not. Like "hassle" and "mailing" and "encrypted" and "online."

Is there some way to reset the dictionary or update it (whithout adding every "misspelled" word to the user dictionay)?

Thanks!

Liam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being from the UK I thought English US was full of misspellings.

Being serious, I experienced similar issues but it seemed to go away and not just by adding words. The dictionary is shared with other Adobe products and I don't know of a way to reset it.

I assume you have both RoboHelp 8 patches applied.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh, funny.

Hmm, that's annoying. Hate the idea that I have to work with all these pointless red underlines all over the place. Guess I can just turn off spell-check. 😕

Yeah, I believe I have both. It's reading as version 8.0.2.208. I installed it a year ago and don't recall. 'fraid I don't use the app too often (though I do love the program! Just wish it didn't have a messed-up dictionary....)

Thanks for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find a fix for this? I'm also getting this problem. I think it happened when I installed the RH 11 trial (I'm currently using RH 9), but I'm not sure. I did find on this thread (Where does Robohelp 9 store its dictionary?) the location of the user additions to a dictionary, but I can't figure out what dictionary it's using for the base dictionary, nor how to resolve the issue of it randomly marking words as incorrect.

Here's a simple example of a topic where some words (template, templates, dimensions, mini-report) are shown as incorrect.

I tried setting my languages files to something else (like German) and then back to English. Still no go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just confirmed that, at least for me, when having RH 11 installed and then running a project in RH 9, this problem occurs. After I uninstalled RH 11, everything went back to normal for me. Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp