• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has the behavior of opening files from the search results changed?

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated to..

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 290423

When I conduct a search on my workspace, I get the results based on the matching string. {good}

When I click on the line item for a particular file from the search (results) panel, the file (File A) opens and the queried string is highlighted. {good}

Among the search results, are references to other files the string was also found. {good}

If I click on the line item for another file (File B), File A closes and File B takes its place in the main file edit panel. {bad}

Previously, "clicked" matches from the search results would open the file and add it in the edit panel as a new panel. With enough screen real-estate I could compare files. However, any file opened now from the search results replaces any previous searched file.

I hope this is not a bug, but rather just some preference that needs to modified.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

I guess I can answer this myself.

In preferences under general > search. I deselected 'Reuse editors to show matches'.

And now each file opens without "reusing the editor space".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess I can answer this myself.

In preferences under general > search. I deselected 'Reuse editors to show matches'.

And now each file opens without "reusing the editor space".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation