• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking of Projects to a master (to be continued)

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2007 Jul 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've linked .chms to a master .chm and I've noticed the following:

With every linked .chm a book was added which caused a repeat of headings (e.g. pre-requisites and the first heading underneath that would be pre-requisites).

Although the original .chm would have 2 headings on the same level the second one will be subordinate to the first one in the master .chm.

Can you pleeeeease help me?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2007 Jul 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dagha. Check out this thread and see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2007 Jul 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

Thanks for your help - much appreciated. I've tried it and it actually works, except for....

When I open my master chm I get an out of memory error. Please help.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2007 Jul 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen every time you open the CHM? Can you try it on a different PC? It doesn't sound like a RH type error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2007 Jul 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried opening it on different PCs with the same results. I'll see what I can find. Thanks Colum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dagha,

I found this thread via Google. It may be relevant.

Hope this helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's partially related to the .hcc file in the master project.

My company recently had a consultant come in to do a day's training, and he knew his stuff.

I've been merging HMTL projects, and seeing the TOC's in the merged project were subtly modified from the original sub-project.

When the consultant looked at it he said there were errors in the logic in the HTML within the master TOC. Specifically he said that not all <ul> and <li> statements were being properly closed off, which is why some topics in the sub project were appearing as books in the master when that was compiled.

(He's looking at the problem at the moment).

My HTML knowlege is pretty basic, but if anyone wants to see the problem, create a sub-project with a TOC nested to at least two levels and associated t.opics. Merge that project into a master with the sub project as a child of a master topic TOC book and look at the compiled output. You should see that some of the sub-project topics now appear as books. Go back into the master project .hhc file and you might be able to track the associated logic problems - the consultant thought it was a RoboHelp bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2007 Jul 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've spoken to a friend of mine regarding my problem. According to him it's an MS problem and there is a workaround for it.

Does anybody have this for me, please? I'm running out of ideas here!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp