• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking within glossary

Participant ,
Jul 24, 2007 Jul 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am creating a glossary using the glossary tab for the first time and I wonder if it is possible to link between entries. For example, if I am writing 'See CG' it would be nice if that could be a link.
There is no obvious way to do this - does this mean it is a bad idea?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Authorgirl

Sorry, but there is simply no way to accomplish that with the glossary.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Authorgirl. In a previous life I decided on not using the glossary feature for precisely this reason. I had a separate project containing 26 topics (named A to Z) which enabled me to link between definitions using bookmarks. I used drop down text for the definitions. This project was merged into the master TOC. This may be a sledgehammer and nut scenario but, hey, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick, it's good to know I'm not missing out on an amazing feature!

Thanks Colum, that's an idea. Previously, I have just had a 'glossary' topic and used bookmarks but I decided it is too confusing for our users to have to open a new topic just to use the glossary. So I thought the tab would be neater. It seems strange to me that there is no way of linking within it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp