• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to authorise digital editions

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use digital editions to read books from my public library. Suddenly when it was downloading a borrowed book it gave my an error as follows: "Connection error detected - Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet". The internet is fine so I uninstalled Digital Editions and re-installed it. When I tried to authorize it it gave me the same error as above. I contacted my library who said I should switch my firewall off and try again. Did this and unfortunately it didn't help. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I started having the same problem this week.  ADE had worked fine until now.  Like you I started by not being able to connect to the fulfillment server.  I tried all the fixes, uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, nothing worked, couldn't deauthorize my computer so resorted to the control shift d option, that deauthorized, but then I couldn't authorize my computer, got the error could not connect to the activation server.  I went through all the uninstalling, reinstalling several times, and was getting very frustrated.  Finally I went into my admin account, ADE showed authorized there, tried to add a borrowed library book & it told me that I had to authorize, so I clicked on help, deauthorized, then authorized, the book transferred, plugged in my Kobo Glo & added the book to it.  When I logged off of my admin account & went back to the account I normally use, my ADE still shows that it isn't authorized & the book I added is not in my library.  So I guess I have to use it from my admin account on my computer.  It is kind of annoying, but at least I found a fix that actually worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines