• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Manager gives back error (EX11) while installing InDesign CS6 (error while extracting in

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need help regarding the Application Manager

Application Manager gives back the error (EX11) while installing InDesign CS6 (error while extracting in temporary folders).

I donĀ“t have problems installing PS, Acrobat etc.

Any idea?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a Creative Cloud subscription?  Have you tried installing the InDesign CS6 trial to see if you have the same difficulties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have a Creative Cloud subscription. And I have the Creative Suite Design Premium CS4 installed on my computer. This morning i started the installation with antivirus deactivated but the routine stopped again with the error code EX11. Where are the temporary files located? Do the folders need special rights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where you temporary folders is located will depend on which operating system you are using.  Which operating system are you using btw?

Please try downloading the trial from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=indesign.  Once you have it downloaded and installed you can then choose the License this Software option.  You will then want to enter your Adobe ID for your Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The operating system is Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3. IĀ“m now getting the same error code trying to install Illustrator.

I will try to install the trial version tomorrow morning.

Message was edited by: ISO ASA Installation of the trial version was successfull! InDesign is running... Thanks for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix doesn't work for CC. Is there an offline trial installer? Otherwise I just get directed back to the CC app where it again errors out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured out the issue. Had to install under a user profile with a smaller user name.

This default directory below is apparently too long

C:\Users\*********\AppData\Local\Temp\{C3761143-227D-4009-A8ED-2C486012585F}\

Fix this adobe! what a goofy error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have never figured that out myself. Thank you so much! On behalf on my dad a big thanks as well, because he is going to use Adobe InDesign CC (2014).

Here, a local, standard user account worked for me. However, the password of an Administrator account was required once.

Here, any username longer than 13 created that error code, for example I tried "AInDesignCC14" unsuccessfully. Usernames with 12 or less characters worked, for example "InDesignCC14" worked.

Just renaming an existing account did not work, because the personal folders did not change in name. Therefore, I was forced to create a new account.

Windows 7 Ultimate (32bit, German), Apple Boot Camp; a vanilla installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for digging into this more and adding to list of what works and what doesn't. Its can be so frustrating. Glad we all have a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with inDesign but not with any other App. I tried the trial version but that does not work either. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install under a different profile with admin privileges. The one your using is corrupt or the username is to long like noted in my response on the 24th. especially if you have a domain profile. Let us know if that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install with a local administrator's account.

It works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines