Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updating flash ESR bumps flash version to 14

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm deploying flash ESR to my organization and I want to have auto-updating enabled in order to have always installed a version with the last security fixes of flash ESR. In order to do that I downloaded the Extended Support Release from:

Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

and configured a deploy with auto-updates enabled. Auto-updating is working well but it's updating the flash clients to 14.0.0.145 and I want them to stay in the ESR edition of flash ¿Is there any way to configure the updating process so ESR flash is only updated with new ESR versions?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Hello Pasqual,

This is expected behaviour.  To keep your organization in the ESR branch via automated updates we recommend hosting the Background Update resources locally and enabling the clients for Background Updates.  When hosting Background Updates locally the Flash Player is updated silently when an update is available and the users will not be presented with the Update Notification dialog window.  Hosting Background Updates locally does require you to obtain the resource file and posting it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Pasqual,

This is expected behaviour.  To keep your organization in the ESR branch via automated updates we recommend hosting the Background Update resources locally and enabling the clients for Background Updates.  When hosting Background Updates locally the Flash Player is updated silently when an update is available and the users will not be presented with the Update Notification dialog window.  Hosting Background Updates locally does require you to obtain the resource file and posting it to your internal server whenever a new Flash Player version is released. 

Information on hosting the ESR Background Update resources is available on page 20 of (the current) Flash Player Administrator's Guide posted at Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide for Flash Player 14 | Adobe Developer Connection.  Other methods of keeping your organization on the ESR branch is to disable updates and distribute Flash Player via Group Policy, Active Directory, or SCUP catalog distribution.  All of these distribution methods are outlined in Chapter 3 of the Guide.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines